JThur01's September San Gabriel Valley Update

2 Likes

tried auntie ping today. the HCR (hainan chicken rice) is good, cluck2go neednā€™t worry though.

both i & my lunch companion were much more enamored of the rice rolls. my friendā€™s first comment: ā€œOMG, i could eat these every day for breakfastā€. we both agreed about how the wrinkling of the rice roll created a somehow subtle yet significant change in the overall texture, giving it just a bit more chew - which i suspect will make it a bit more appealing to western palates.

(forgive the quality)

the wonton mien (wonton noodles in soup) were ok, but no threat to harlamā€™s kitchen. interesting mainly in that the green vegetable was iceberg lettuce.

1 Like

also visited noodle harmony recently the 15% grand opening discount was still in effect.iā€™d agree with @ipsedixit that itā€™s more about the saucing than the noodles themselves. however, iā€™d also submit that it will be a matter of taste, but the saucings were definitely unique: having said that, thereā€™s not a lot to distinguish between the different sauces visually. i can identify the spicy cold chicken noodle only by the presence of the chicken. each noodle dish came in portions that divide evenly into two rice bowl.

noodle%20harmony%200914181201a noodle%20harmony%200914181201

their ā€˜sichuan dumplingsā€™ were again more about the saucing than the dumplings themselves and again, the saucing choice was familiar and yet different at the same time.

1 Like