July 2022 Rundown

You should try love hour to add to your comparison. I found it crispier than BNSD

3 Likes

I will, thank you. I’ll bang it with some Myung In dumplings!

There’s also a place that opened up across from Universal City. I need to try that too.

Edit: shit, Love Hour is only 3 days a week and only daytime is on Sunday.

I’m sorry what. Deets?

No website. Easy Street on Lankersheim

https://yelp.to/C4gtE6T8wrb

1 Like

@Ns1

Instagram:

https://instagram.com/easystreetburgers?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

Yucatán:

Take aways: the tortillas and beans everywhere were exceptional, just so much better than the States.

12 Likes

Few more:

13 Likes

I think Santos’ concept with FTW here is not so much of a purist’s smashburger; rather, the aim is to create more of a damn tasty bite of meat+bread when one is drunk or stoned or just plain famished.

4 Likes

OMG… those Kibis!! We haven’t been in well nearly 5 years. :sob: We need to go back… Glad you got to have Cochinita in it’s proper form. We often go from Pacific French Bakery straight to La Flor de Yucatan Bakery for their Cochinita by the LB and then straight home for Cochinta Tortas. But the bread in the Yucatan is also something special…

Thanks for visiting and sharing…

ETA: While tortillas are particularly amazing in Merida… even the machine made ones… Even from Tijuana they are instantly more wonderful. We are getting better with Tortillas and honestly have amazing flour ones, but there is nothing like the Tacos in Mexico…

–Dommy!

4 Likes

Finally my lunch from For The Win wore off. So, what the hell, a great time to compare…

Easy Street Burgers

In Studio City on Lankershim, a stones throw from Universal.

I got a double ($10). Their standard preparation doesn’t have onion, but they do have grilled for $1 or free fresh onion. I got fresh. I was tempted to get a 4 x 4 but I wanted to get something comparable to the other places. BTW, you can get as many patties and cheese as you want. Get a 10 x 10!! DO IT :slight_smile:

(sorry for the quality of the photos trying to hold a light with one hand and shoot it with the other did not go so well - Plus my crappy iPhone 13 doesn’t take pictures as well as my old v7)

so, the patties were nice and crispy, but not as much as BNSD. It was a really good burger though. I think I enjoyed For The Wins overall taste better, but the texture of this burger was much better IMHO.

Also, a side of the Cajun fries.

Reminded me of McDonald’s fries but with Cajun seasoning. Salty, but quite enjoyable. They make fries with burger crumbled on top of them that sounded really damn good too.

It took 20 minutes from the time I ordered to get my food. “Order Dude” warned me in advance about the wait.

I would definitely come back here.

14 Likes

I don’t think there is any smash burger competition in the area so this is a big win for the 818.

4 Likes

We need a Smashburgers: Threat or Menace thread, @robert :rofl:

3 Likes

Crystal Thai-Cambodian Cuisine - Long Beach

Papaya salad (medium spicy) - definitely delivers the funk and a perfect amount of spice.

Chha kreoung w/ chicken - smacks you in the face with lemongrass along with the curry paste. Definitely eat with jasmine rice for a fragrant flavorful bite.

Beef and tripe salad (medium spicy) :heart_eyes: - love all the flavors of fresh herbs, tripe and fish sauce dressing

Kuya Lord - Hollywood

Tray w/ lechon kawali - decent but a bit too fatty for me. It was cooked well and the fat literally melted, just too rich. Favorite was the garlic rice.

Banh Mi My Tho - Rosemead

Meatballs - savory and peppery

Banh mi dac biet :heart_eyes: pretty damn delicious - definitely one of the top banh mi IMO. If the daikon was less sweet and/or they added less, it could be top contender. The bread is fantastic.

Banh mi grilled pork w/ 2 eggs - nice peppery pork, always ordered with extra jalapeños. Again, the sweet daikon is my only minor quibble however this was pretty darn tasty.

Raffi’s Place - Glendale

Tadig

Lamb chops :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: and beef sultani - so delicious, especially when eaten with the rice that you add the butter too. The lamb is so tender and flavorful.

NOLA Cajun and Creole - Montebello

Catfish po’boy - very large portion

18 Likes

Pork and egg combo banh mi is a great idea.

1 Like

Triple-Tripled the other night in SF. Had wanted to go back to Buddy Bar after Mijoté but wound up at Flour + Water. Not mad about it :rofl:

Buddy Bar

Moscato Ton Ton
Moscato D Asti and Tonic

Maravilla
Moscatel/Torontel/Chasselas

Gougères
smoked trout roe, bay leaf labneh

Brentwood Sweet Corn
Blueberry Miso, Horseradish

House Campari Soda
Berto Bitter Wine, Aperitivo, Orange Bitters, Soda

La Gilda Dip
anchovy, guindilla pepper, manzanilla olive, cream cheese, black currant, crostini

Spiked Lemonade

Tater Salad
fingerling confit, pickled sultanas, rosamarina, sieved egg, goddess mayo

Mijoté

Malophet
Carignan

Scallop, radicchio, pear

Petrale sole, kale, apricot

Lobster, maitake, tarragon

Pork loin, broccoli, plum

Peach, rose, oolong

Flour + Water

Petit Bout de Lune
Chardonnay

Porcini carpaccio
smoked yuba, black garlic aioli, hemp seed, parmigiana reggiano

Prosciutto
padron pepper fonduta, fontina, roasted corn

Taleggio Scarpinocc
aceto balsamico, parmigiano reggiano

17 Likes

clockwise from bottom left: Flavor Queen pluot, Inca plum (not fully ripe yet), white sapote, Frederick passion fruit, Pinkerton avocado, Persian mulberries, Cape gooseberries, serviceberries

4 Likes

This is super close to me so I’ll stop by for a 10x10 and report back.

8 Likes

I’m not worthy :bowing_man:!!

1 Like

Lol 10x10 please take photo!

4 Likes

… and I’ll alert the Cardiac Cath team to be on-call. ;-D

6 Likes