July 2022 Rundown

Keep an eye out for Grandma Utz chips, fried in lard.

3 Likes

Girl Scouts thin mint blizzard

7 Likes

Heritage BBQ. Lines were pretty long on Sunday. Got there at 11am and took us about an hour to get to the front. The pork ribs and beef rib were the standouts but everything was delicious. Had to get a second order of Mac n cheese and extra chips for the queso.

a

21 Likes

:cow2: :cow2: :cow2: :cow2: :cow2:

18 Likes

Du ma Vietnamese sizzling steak and eggs with banh mi😍

Finally found really good chilaquiles (Roble de raiz de La mesa, Rosarito, MX)

14 Likes

TEASE!!! I gasped from pleasure when I read the first half of the sentence and then grumbled when I learned it was… NOT IN THE US.

I’m going to try the chilaquiles one day at Yagul to see if they scratch the itch…

5 Likes

It’s not very far from the US.

But still not as close as Yagul in Santa Monica. :wink: ::snort::

1 Like

Piping hot apple fritter from Oliboli.

20 Likes

oliboli is an expensive habit i cant break.

8 Likes

Ditto. If I know I’m going near Oliboli anytime before noon I leave 20 mins early to pit stop. Apple fritter was $8 with tax and tip. Don’t care it’s too good. At least I only got 1 donut. I was eyeing the pistachio too.

6 Likes

Go with a friend…then you can get more.

4 Likes

I’m drooling over here.

Oliboli bang bang with Cream Pan would be perfect!

Mine as well hit up Green Cheek down the 55 too!

4 Likes

Quick date night at Jame Enoteca

20 Likes

Jame still killin’ it.

And in and out in like 45 minutes lol.

Zait and Zataar as good as ever. The chicken schwarma plate is always the right choice.

8 Likes

Wow! Philly native, California transplant. The major reason I go “home” anymore is for the food! Never thought Utz was equal to Herrs. Herr’s blue bag is the epitome of the perfect potato chip. Warter ice? How in God’s good green earth has California not picked this up?? Especially with the West Coast melting or on fire?! I am also a lemon/cherry girl. As foodie as I am, never deviated from those choices. Ever. Sarcone;s and Cacia - brings back memories and only my homemade sourdough artisan loaves satisfy my bread craving. Acme bread in Mountain View CA was my go-to but now I am (jokingly) in the food desert of Tehachapi.

Any good Italian bakeries in LA? I went to Ospi in Venice last weekend and their brunch ciabatta was amazing but they said they normally buy their bread from Gjusto’s. Are they any good, using South Philly bread as the standard for good? Thanks for the memories…my last water ice was in 2016!

14 Likes

welcome

2 Likes