Jun Won restaurant - Western Ave

Does anyone have any info on when Jun Won is reopening and exactly where their new location will be? I’m craving it big time. Been to the banchan shop numerous times but really want some cod, squid, pollack casserole…

Good question. I’m definitely waiting for it. I saw the owner recently at an event and he said they’re definitely working on a new spot. Stay tuned and look for any intel on Eater :smiley:

1 Like

Ran into Jeff at Jun Won Banchan today! He tells me the new location should be ready hopefully by Sept 1. It’s at 414 Western Avenue, Ste B, Los Angeles, CA 90020. I’m really excited that it’s coming back soon.

Very cool thanks, I’ll hit him up for more info

I just saw on Instagram that it looks they’re open. I’ll try and get there in the next week or so.

1 Like

Going regularly now. It’s so good

10 Likes

It’s a treasure.

1 Like

Chicken bulgogi is incredible

Going this week–any tips on must haves on a first visit?

Braised Black Cod.

Every piece is like a eating fish cheek…unbelievably tender and soft

4 Likes

yep… the “steamed” black cod, oyster pancake, chicken bulgogi for me.

1 Like

Very excited… finally got my dudes to agree to take our next installment of our recurring, sociedad style, fine dining outings to be korean this weekend… and i’m choosing jun won over high end bbq places this time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jesus Christ

8 Likes

I think it’s shrimp!

1 Like

I am also a big fan of the lamb (and other) kebabs (and a few other dishes) at Feng Mao in the same shopping center.

1 Like

Been eyeing that kimchi pork hot pot for a while, but it’s always been sold out when I go. How was it?

It is but its a banchan not something you would order off the menu.

pretty great… super deep kimchi… tons of cabbage… good pork, leaves some chew on the bone

Jesus Christ. we chose to go back to this place as our first restaurant in 6 weeks after strict keto. Apparently D. Chang was there for lunch and ended up taking bossam leftovers to go

Best daegu jorim we’ve had. Such an amazing place and family

9 Likes

such goodness