June 2016 Weekend Rundown

…oh and everything looks delicious btw :wink:

1 Like

Chi SPACCA

Lamb neck. As good as ever.

Risotto with garlic, ramp butter, and peas. Superb. Fresh peas but also with the streak of lemon.

The infamous tomahawk pork chop. Still best in class.

8 Likes

The meat does look great. But that risotto with the fresh peas and ramp butter is so my kind of thing!

1 Like

Oh well… happy birthday anyway.

1 Like

I had to look at your meal at Kinjiro again. Those dishes are exactly what I would order. Delicious.

give it a try @TheCookie, you can’t go wrong with any of their dishes. it’s becoming one of my favorite restaurants in la. just make sure to make a reservation.

I’m looking at the menu right now. Thanks!

Luv2eat

Settled into my routine by now.

At the risk of losing all street cred, I have to admit I broke into a mild sweat even with the mild sparerib zeed noodles (add shrimp wonton) and mild chicken larb.

6 Likes

What’s the second picture? It looks like the fried chicken, but not.

It is the fried chicken.

They informed me it would take a little longer today because they were switching out the oil. No problemo and I actually prefer that.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. It looks really good.

Hi @Porthos,

Nice! I love Fresh English Peas! This sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the report. Looks so good.

2 Likes

#Pine ampersand Crane
Pro tip: don’t eat a five course lunch before shopping for pants.

10 Likes

@PorkyBelly - Is that sausage? Is the soup/stew tofu or chicken?

It’s taiwanese sausage with raw garlic. The spiciness of the raw garlic goes great with the sweetness of the sausage.

It’s mapo tofu with organic tofu, kurobuta pork, and sichuan peppercorns. You can also get it without meat. Goes great with a bowl of rice.

1 Like

[quote=“PorkyBelly, post:35, topic:3444”]
It’s mapo tofu with organic tofu, kurobuta pork, and sichuan peppercorns. You can also get it without meat. Goes great with a bowl of rice.
[/quote] Perfect

Din Tai Fung Glendale. The good new is the remodel is done and there are almost 20 new tables!

Uploading… Uploading…

4 Likes

Chef Hung

Tripe and tendon champion beef noodle soup and fried chicken

Beijing Pie House - needs more love

Cucumber with garlic bombed w/ chili oil

Lamb and green onion pancake :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

House special pie

Salt + Ash

Quinoa and couscous

Cuban pressed sandwich was surprisingly tasty w/ Mac n cheese

Moroccan chicken liver

Homemade smoked turkey

9 Likes

Due to this post, I stopped in today to try to Zeed soup–WOW. Just delicious–sour, sweet, spicy, everything I’m looking for in thai food. Small bowl plenty for lunch. Great stuff.

1 Like

@A5KOBE - The broth in the soup looks really good! And the Moroccan Chicken Liver… Oh boy! What was in the pies? While we’re at it… Where is this?

1 Like