June 2017 Weekend Rundown

I noticed limited live seafood on my visit to BH, too. And that was dinner.
Lobster only IIRC.
In the SGV that shit would lead to a serious Chopstick Rebellion.

1 Like

The waitress did tell us that we can request live seafood in advance. Assuming they let the mother ship know and they then send it out from there or have the live seafood provider deliver it.

2 Likes

Confirming this. I’ve done so before at the BH location and have been pleased.

2 Likes

To call that “breakfast salad” a “salad” is actually kind of hilarious. Pork belly, spuds, and a fried egg, but the presence of lettuce makes it a “salad”. Can Isell my doctor on the idea that this would fall into the category of “eat more salad”?

1 Like

My friend, who is an unrepentant omnivore/opportunistic carnivore, minces no words when he asks his MD if “word salad” counts as a serving of salad. :slight_smile:

YES. Did you get the frosting dip for dunkin’? (I prefer 'em without, but one or two dunks? Suuuure.)

There was no glaze!

Damn Americans and their sugar teeth.

I consider “livery” a good thing. I like to taste minerals when I eat. I don’t t like sweet chicken liver preparations.

I’ll be at OC Night Market and Tacolandia this weekend.

Of course I’ll take pics. What am I a Yelper who describes everything as “amazing”?

Me too, but when they intend to pair it with a sweet element and it turns out to be sour, it doesn’t work.

You would like the liver at hatchet hall

4 Likes

I would! Can’t believe I’ve never ordered that before.

Badmaash

Lamb burger:

Fried chicken:

Chicken tikka poutine:

Punjabi fish fry:

Chai chocolate pot de creme:

Besides the food, my favorite thing about Badmaash is sitting by the window and watching all the puppers play in the grassy area across the street. :dog:

9 Likes

OC Night Market

Lobsterdamus.
Sweet and tender meat with a touch of smoke. The tail meat is meh, but the knuckle and claw is where it’s at.

These fruit sorbets were really good. Just pure fruit flavor. This is the orange. Tried the peach and mango. I could have one of these a day.

These were 2 of my favorites tonight. Had a really good red bean and sweet potato bun, but my pic was potato quality. That potato on the stick was good too. A lot of fusion stuff but also saw a good handful of more traditional stuff. Saw Hot Star, and Belly and Snout. Lines were crazy from 8pm and on.

4 Likes

[quote=“President_Mochi, post:106, topic:5824”]
Did you get the frosting dip for dunkin’?
[/quote]She doesn’t like frosting.

@PorkyBelly

[quote=“Bookwich, post:108, topic:5824”]
the chicken liver pate was more livery than most and was fine, it just needed some sweetness to balance it out.[/quote]

Tonight at Wolf on Melrose - Chicken Liver & Pomegranate Pâté (sprinkled w/crunchy salt) - Jellied Ginger Honey / Caramelized Onions (too sweet & star anise-y) / Pickled Jack Fruit / Lodge Bread (of course)

This worked!

Brussel Sprouts / Fish Carmel / Watermelon Radish / Lime

The on point lady bartender turned my husband onto a Booker’s Bourbon (rye) Old-fashioned and whipped up an orange colored Lemon Drop for me.

This will be a Wolf filled weekend. We were stopping in to make Dad’s Day reservations.

Young Chef Marcel popped by our table in a very brief and very cordial, Wolfgang Puck sort of way. I can’t help being impressed by this young dude and his happy little, but not so little restaurant.

Looking forward to those crispy potatoes again… tbc.

4 Likes

Breakfast before Tacolandia…

Naugles

This is damn good!

The OG Taco and the Bun Taco! If you like Sloppy Joes you will love the Bun Taco. Good craft sodas on fountain.

I love The Del but…

4 Likes

I haven’t been to Naugles in years! Our drunk, after the club days.

[quote=“JeetKuneBao, post:116, topic:5824”]
Breakfast before Tacolandia…
[/quote]Warming up. You’re a crack-up.

Since you’re a taco guy (gal?) and mix it up with a ground beef taco every now and then - have you been to Lucky Boy in Pasadena? I haven’t been in years and I think they’ve gone “authentico” (carne asada), but that was my fave ground beef taco - crunchy corn shell, stuffed with a huge amount of greasy, salty g.b. and mounds of shredded American cheese & lettuce (and of course lots o’ packets of hot sauce).

Okay, off to Tacolandia.

P.S. I think Naugles will be there. But we’ll be on the @PorkyBelly suggested plan of action. Naugles will definitely not be part of the struggle this time.

Happy Taco Eating Folks!

2 Likes

My breakfast. I think I win.

Moon House, Westwood

*Edited to add: This was literally “my” breakfast. #solodining

11 Likes

See folks. She can put it away when she wants too. Good job. You win.

1 Like

My son wanted Del Taco for lunch today. I took him to the (new) OG FV Naugles instead. He’s definitely a convert.

4 Likes