Just checking in

Checking in as well. Thanks for the setup.

Some donut snob for you.

2 Likes

Checking in.

Like a crazy ex, the Catch 22 is that for CH to truly change we must truly move on and not care about it anymore. Our checking in and seeing what’s going on there will still generate click numbers that lets them get paid via ads.

Thanks Robert for setting this up!

Going to Cassia tomorrow. Will be happy to start posting again. Looking forward to that Singapore crab.

1 Like

Wienermobile here…

1 Like

One of the best avatars of all time , Wienermobile .

1 Like

Many thanks to Robert and ipse!

2 Likes

Cassia - love it.
The nan with chopped snails is hard to stop eating.
Salads are amazing.
I find the sunbathing prawns “mushy” though everyone else seems to love them. Crab I had was delish but I wanted more meat.
Laksa is also fantastic. Maybe even better the next day. The leftover broth I had was just fantastic.
Enjoy.

1 Like

Agreed, @CiaoBob. Laksa is indeed fantastic, and I also really enjoyed the kaya toast. I would skip the charcuterie fried rice - flavors were nice but the rice was a bit too under cooked for my liking.

“Kaya Toast - Coconut jam, butter, slow cooked egg”

“Laksa - Rice noodles, spicy coconut seafood soup”

“Charcuterie Fried Rice - Chinese bacon, lap cheong, salted fish, lettuce”

2 Likes

A very dumb newby question: "How do you add photos?

You can drag and drop a photo into the text area where you’re typing from your desktop or a folder on your computer OR you can click the little “up arrow” icon that says “Upload” right above the area you’re typing OR hit Control+G if you’re on PC. :smile:

Haven’t tried it on mobile yet.

1 Like

THANKS SO MUCH!

5 Likes

the secretasianman, once known as barryc

2 Likes

love the name. at least they haven’t given you a number and taken 'way your name,

3 Likes

@ mc michael----really funny (loved that song). it’s a great name barry!

1 Like

Hi all, just checking in too, guess this is where the action will be, I hope to contribute! Meanwhile, have a photo!

3 Likes

Are you going to tell us where that is? Or just make us guess? And suffer while we’re at it?

1 Like

Sorry! That’s my restaurant, Smoke’s Poutinerie. Please delete if this is too shameless of a plug!

1552 N. Cahuenga Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
323-745-0267

Website

2 Likes

Checking in … thanks so much! The new CH is just obnoxious beyond all belief.

Curious to know your thoughts … went to Cassia with some friends a week ago and left very underwhelmed.

ediner here - participant on the original Chowhound board; did not sign up with cnet; glad to be back to a community board. Thanks, Robert.

2 Likes

Thank you Porthos for mentioning where everyone else is! And thank you ipse, your invite came after I had just registered :-).

The CHer formerly known as K K, checking in (original two characters too short). Re-using an old moniker, which was a tribute to an online friend who went by “froyo girl”…so I adopted beef noodles guy, and shortened it to beefno’ guy.

Glad to see familiar names here!!

1 Like