Kaiseki Jūbako and Bento with Sushi

Menu

The Spread

Jūbako and Sake

Top Tier

Bottom Tier
Uploading: 4F18AC49-1481-4153-89DA-7D73DD9C0448.jpeg…

Not Pictured
Owan Soup with Shiitake

16 Likes

That table and those chairs are hot.

7 Likes

CB’s whole pad is off-the-chain.

4 Likes

Thanks so much - I expected @beefnoguy to express admiration for the sake, but am pleasantly surprised to get a decor shout out from @Ns1!

3 Likes

Thanks!
As you know, it’s all @LouisianaMouth’s doing

2 Likes

That’s one bottle I haven’t tasted before!

Distributor’s notes

https://www.wineofjapan.com/portfolio/product/shintaro-junmai

Yep, killer table (and pad!).

1 Like

Tried snagging one today on Tock and they were gone in less than 10 seconds. The fact that you got both the Kaiseki Jubako and the Bento, impressive feat!

Still enjoying the wonderful n/naka at home experience. But now it’s just the beautiful

abalone shell

6 Likes

Ditto. I have t tried that saké, but I did get an n/Naka
Bento and bottle, thanks to your guys posts about them! I had an almost bubbly bottle of nama junmai Kaze no Mori that was slightly sweet without being syrupy, and I think it improved as it came up to room temp

5 Likes

Yeah Kaze No Mori does a really good job bottling their sake fresh and there’s a good amount of fine effervescence that provides a good mouthfeel/drinking experience. I think I like the Tsuyuhakaze (black label) better than this one (Akitsuho). Supposedly if you drink only half of that bottle and leave it in the fridge for about 5 days, taste it again, it’s pure umami gold, even though the effervescence has disappeared.

2 Likes

The bottle didn’t make it to dessert, but at $48 it was an extremely reasonable price for somewhere like n/naka!
Definitely want to try that black label you mentioned, too

3 Likes

9 Likes