KASS by Christophe Eme

But i’m not sure i can trust anyone who’s not a fan of dessert. :stuck_out_tongue: just teasin, thanks for reporting. price has kept me at bay so far… too much traveling lately

I take my desert in vino

2 Likes

Oh man, we brought back so much port from Portugal. Dessert and wine in one

1 Like

Did you ship it back or brave your luggage?

luggage. 3 checked bags = 13 bottles lol… not all port tho.

1 Like

That’s extraordinarily impressive!

1 Like

Nice report @beam. I love Bordier butter! Sorry to hear about the scrambled eggs – if they were worth the QPR that alone would have drawn me to Kass since scrambled eggs are one of my favorite things in the world and when I make them, only like one time in 10 do I get them perfect.

$40 is rather pricey for corkage unless they are serving you in Reidel or similar quality, but I guess they really really don’t want you to bring your own wine. Since I really really like to bring my own wine, that would probably keep me away although I do understand the restaurant’s perspective and it’s only $5 more than the typical $35 corkage.

Thanks for reporting back!

Chef Eme’s creme de champignons is spectacular - Bummer it wasn’t available on your visit.

They have a nice and somewhat eclectic wine list, so I do not have a problem with the corkage.

I am really impressed!
Since we never check luggage this is not an option for me.

3 people for almost 3 weeks means checked luggage for us… no desserts… no checked luggage… beam has a lot of rules!

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1XSRcUhGto/

1 Like

Sad to learn of this…

1 Like

During my visit there, he seemed to be working very hard in the kitchen, so I wonder if that was part of it.

story coming shortly on Eater…

1 Like

Planning a visit, pronto…

I thought this was his restaurant. Didn’t realize he was just a hired gun.

1 Like

sounds like a partnership and he’s opting out as it’s not going too great and they want to make something more mainstream?

that’s how I read “differing visions”. Straight outta Chef.

Riva: “We’re being reviewed by the most important critic in the city… Now suddenly you’re going to be an artist. Well, be an artist on your own time. It’s my restaurant.”
Carl Casper: “The kitchen is my domain. That was our deal.”
Riva: “The deal is now changed. Either you stay or you go.”
Carl Casper: “So you’re threatening to fire me now?”
Riva: “No, I’m telling what I’m prepared to do if you don’t cook my menu.”

2 Likes

Donski

1 Like