Did takeout from Kato. I don’t have much experience with the restaurant, having gone only once a few years ago for the initial tasting menu.
The below is 2 servings, and the dishes are in order from left to right and top down
- Smashed cucumber, celery, and lovage salad
- Enoki dan dan, Kato chili oil
- Lu rou fan (braised pork rice) with egg
- Fish fragrant eggplant
- American wagyu short rib, 3 cup style
- Steamed fish (I think seabass but need confirmation)
- Buttermilk pudding, kaya (hello!), pineapple, coffee brown butter oats
Highlights for me were the enoki dan dan and the three cup wagyu. In the dan dan, enoki were used instead of noodles, but the texture was still fairly well done, and there was a sesame paste in there. I probably should have tried to reheat a couple of the dishes a tad.
I think this was a good amount of food for us, as we are trying to reverse #COVID15, but if you walk around with a badge that says “OOE” on it, you may want to bang with some additional food.