Kato - Extended Tasting Menu

Big win for solo dining!

8 Likes

It takes two to tangle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most importantly, free :bread: ftw.

8 Likes

Thanks for the explanation! - I’ve been away for awhile and had no idea about the @rlw scoring system😊

Personally, I’d prefer using :star_struck::yum::star_struck::yum::star_struck::yum: if it’s uberdelicious with an aesthetic to match.

It’ll be awhile before I go, but happy to hear Chef JY [edit] finally has a place matching his ambitions and with a bottom line necessary liquor license.

BTW, was wondering about the torn tuna with carmelized onion dish — the glass like origami-ish container looked so exquisitely delicate!

Lol at the peacocks and sparrow references!

Great pics and writeup🥇@porkybelly

4 Likes

thanks @foodshutterbug, I’m pretty sure the glass like shell in the torn bluefin course was the caramelized onion, one of the top bites of the night :star_struck: :yum: :star_struck: :yum:

forgot to mention there’s also a 75 dollar non-alcoholic pairing available as well.

3 Likes

$75 non-alcholic pairing?! That’s big news to me.

How is that?

I had it, And it was spectacular. Ryan Bailey is thoughtfully curating beverages for both drinkers and non-drinkers alike at Kato. The tea selection alone there is ridiculous.

2 Likes

drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, are from former majordomo bartender austin hennelly

3 Likes

Always liked the drinks at MJD.

2 Likes

What incredible artistry! Reminds me of one of the tasting menu desserts I had at Quince around 5 years ago.

So clever to do a savory application, thanks much @PorkyBelly for the 411 on it and the non-alcoholic pairing - will def do that when I go.

1 Like

it also reminds of the oyster, pork belly, and kimchi “glass” bite I had at benu. i wonder if that was an inspiration.

3 Likes

That’s what I also thought of when I saw that dish.

1 Like

reservations for march will be released on 2/15 at 12pm

1 Like

Does anyone know what the corkage fee is?

yelp

Going Saturday, what is the alcohol situation? Proper glassware finally? Wine list? Corkage?

Very nice set of stemware, even embossed with the logo on it. #GunningForMoreStars

Wine list: Lots of affordable, interesting picks, and quite a few by the glass. Two wine pairings to choose from (the more expensive of them being vintage-focused). I actually had the non-alcoholic and thought it was fabulously matched to the courses.

That’s great to hear! Thank you. Really looking forward trying Kato!

1 Like

Enjoy! It’s not the same old Kato as before.

yelp