price??? ???

1 Like

$280pp

1 Like

how was the sushi??? ???

1 Like

Every bit as good as before.

iwashi
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

masu
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

kinmedai

amadai

10 Likes

boba back on the menu :bubble_tea::bubble_tea::bubble_tea::bubble_tea::bubble_tea:

paging @jordanokun

1 Like

Yeah, baby…

baby boba back

3 Likes

new bar menu. @noddles review forthcoming?

3 Likes

Good to see you too! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ll try to get some photos up eventually, but regarding the food, I think we can agree the crab fried fat rice that evening wasn’t super salty. Also, the boba dish leans too sweet, but I could crush like 10 more.

6 Likes

$15 boba? wow

It’s not a drink. It’s their old signature dessert course at the old location.

2 Likes

ohhh what’s that fried maitake about

It’s nice and crunchy, lightly oily. A thinner, more delicate batter layer would probably work better with how tender the maitake were here.

Oh, and I found where all of that salt from the crab fat rice went - here in the fermented (fresno) chili sauce. Hopefully just some early jitters and will be subsequently dialed down like the rice.

4 Likes

The fermented chili sauce in my fish collar dish and the fish fragrant sauce in the scallop dish were both very salty too.

2 Likes

I think Kato has really stepped it up after their move. It wouldn’t surprise me if Hayato and Kato are widely recognized as LA’s two best restaurants a few years from now.

1 Like

$145 bar tasting menu @rlw review forthcoming?

1 Like

Okay, NOW the bar menu looks like a legit dinner!

1 Like

a kato kato bang bang would be perfect :hugs:

5 Likes

Yep, they told us as much yesterday. The downside is that now you have to make a reservation to sit at the bar, so the option of stopping by for a cocktail and a small bite is not likely to be there. On the other hand, it is pretty great if you do not want to do full Kato dinner. Kato remains my favorite high end restaurant in LA at the moment.

1 Like

So to sit at the bar you must do the tasting menu? Or can you still be a walk-in and just order drinks?

Bar tasting menu reservations can be made from 5:30 - 6:00p while a select number of seats are open for walk-ins from 5:00-10:00p. Walk in guests may enjoy a small menu of snacks with their cocktails.

https://www.katorestaurant.com/locationandhours

3 Likes