Kato - Extended Tasting Menu

Could be. How was your crab fat rice the other night @PorkyBelly??

Maybe dish variance or simply preference. e.g. I LOVED Majordomo’s Dungeness Crab Mafaldine with crab fat. Chowseeker1999 on the other hand wrote 3 paragraphs on hating the dish lol.

5 Likes

a bit salty

price??? ???

1 Like

$280pp

1 Like

how was the sushi??? ???

1 Like

Every bit as good as before.

iwashi
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

masu
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

kinmedai

amadai

9 Likes

boba back on the menu :bubble_tea::bubble_tea::bubble_tea::bubble_tea::bubble_tea:

paging @jordanokun

1 Like

Yeah, baby…

baby boba back

3 Likes

new bar menu. @noddles review forthcoming?

3 Likes

Good to see you too! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ll try to get some photos up eventually, but regarding the food, I think we can agree the crab fried fat rice that evening wasn’t super salty. Also, the boba dish leans too sweet, but I could crush like 10 more.

6 Likes

$15 boba? wow

It’s not a drink. It’s their old signature dessert course at the old location.

2 Likes

ohhh what’s that fried maitake about

It’s nice and crunchy, lightly oily. A thinner, more delicate batter layer would probably work better with how tender the maitake were here.

Oh, and I found where all of that salt from the crab fat rice went - here in the fermented (fresno) chili sauce. Hopefully just some early jitters and will be subsequently dialed down like the rice.

4 Likes

The fermented chili sauce in my fish collar dish and the fish fragrant sauce in the scallop dish were both very salty too.

1 Like

I think Kato has really stepped it up after their move. It wouldn’t surprise me if Hayato and Kato are widely recognized as LA’s two best restaurants a few years from now.

1 Like