Kato - Extended Tasting Menu

Not having the alcohol in the cocktail/mocktail means the ingredients really have to impress the taster. In a way I feel that it’s just that much harder to pull off a great non-alcholic beverage program than a traditional boozy cocktail program.

5 Likes

Good Food with a section this week on the Kato non-alcoholic beverage program. FTC ahead of the pack again :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t read the NYT but can’t disagree, Kato rocks!

2 Likes

Went for dinner last week and hot damn this might be the best spot in LA right now. The boba dessert and milk punch are two of the best bites/sips I’ve had in quite a while.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if you can get ala carte/walk ups at the bar still or is it only bar tasting menu?

you can but it’s a very limited alc menu

2 Likes

Appreciate that insight!

It’s perfect if you’re waiting for a walk-in table at Pizzeria Bianco though :joy:

3 Likes

Can you get the milk punch at the bar?

yes

2 Likes

they only set aside half the bar for tasting menu so if you go early you’ll be fine.

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s true anymore. The last time we went (at opening) they said they needed the seats back at 6 for a reservation and we were the first ones there.

1 Like

Walked into the bar tonight :sparkles: just because :two_hearts: Anyone can grab those walk-up seats at the bar for a guaranteed good night :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

*I’ve been missing chef Jon’s rice course. Nibbling on the Maitake tempura before his rice was such a lucky treat! I was dancing at the bar almost the whole night, smiling from ear to ear :ear_of_rice: I voted for a mini rice course on the bar menu, please please :pleading_face:

This rice and the perfect cucumber side…

Beautiful grains, a wonderful mix of flavors and textures… So nostalgic. Every new dish kept sending itself to a higher bar than the last. Jon & his team are doing this right! I’m very happy here.

Tonight’s bar menu:

The temperature Maitake was so tasty!!! I don’t remember it was that good the last time I tried it :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Happiest night!

Long story short, I like Kato a lot more every month :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Yo I need to do this.

Where else can you get just walk up to the bar and get food on this level.

Is the move now Kato bar bang bang with Hayato. That would be perfect. Triple bang with Bianco?

2 Likes

Don’t forget the fried chicken at Pikunico. It’s a 4x4 lol someone please do that and be my idol!

2 Likes

I won’t say I’ve done this. But I’ve done this. Takes a certain level of coordination due to difficulty of getting a seat at Bianco.

4 Likes

Haha I knew one of you guys would. Kinda dangerous with Bianco imo because I rather fill up with the rice course at Hayato.

Pikunico>Bianco>Kato>Hayato. Would probably be the order if anyone wants to try lol gotta get tacos afterwards too because it’s LA

3 Likes

I really liked their unagi rice, good to know they’re serving it at the bar too. their bar menu seems to be shrinking every time i go.

4 Likes