Keeping Cantonese cooking alive.....Pearl River Delta/Deli and Needle

Mott 32 in Las Vegas and Palette Tea House in SF

There are quite a few places in HK that does Iberico char siu as well!

:+1:

1 Like

I’m back at Needle lol

3 Likes

Bang with Superfine after!

1 Like

Eggplant. Very lightly battered. Could use a little more Yu Hong sauce.

White Cut Chicken. Nice, I didn’t care for the side chilli sauce. Good ginger-scallion sauce. One of the better White Cut’s I had.

Taishan Cauliflower. Very good Wok Hei. I like the pieces of fruit that brightens this up.

Pretty good Egg Rolls. @Chowseeker1999.

Beef and Daikon. Not as sweet as I expected (rock sugar, and star anise? Maybe used very subtlety). The beef has the flavor of Lu Wei and is incredibly tender and fall apart, delicious! Much better than the typical “braised short ribs” you see around town. Some of the daikons could use a little more time. Overall very good.

Very happy again with my second visit.

7 Likes

I think the days of Bang Bangs are behind me lol

3 Likes

palette tea house

1 Like

Hi @JeetKuneBao,

That’s not possible if you wear that avatar! You can do it!

I want to see your Bang x Bang x Bang x Bang to make your Uncle Bruce proud! :wink:

9 Likes

Thanks for giving us a try! Appreciate the critiques and will keep working at it to improve what I can and also amazing to see you did Needle even after eating all that food on the first stop!

8 Likes

So is PRD a popup or a permanent spot? My mom is in Chinatown all the time, recommending she stop by. If it’s a popup, may need to emphasize it’s a temp situation/unusual hours.

I believe PRD will be there for a while. Hours are Tues-Sun 11am-8pm

1 Like

Pop up with his option to stick around. IIRC. I think he’s a good fit for a lot of reasons and hope he stays

2 Likes

I believe he is looking to lease this current spot.

Thank you all for confirming PRD’s info. Hope it’s around for awhile, even as a pop up. May be in town in early May.

PRD’s is now serving up Zhong zi not sure what the filling is

You can see it here.

1 Like

Btw how is that pi dan/century egg in the jook? Does he make his own?

The egg sandwiches are those comparable to Australian Dairy Co in Hong Kong?

Looks very porky! I personally like a little mushroom and Chinese sausage in my zhong zi

Hi @JeetKuneBao,

Nope, store bought.

2 Likes

Mui Choy Kau Yuk is coming to @JLee PRD!!!

@moonboy403
@PorkyBelly
@beefnoguy

8 Likes

@JLee did say in person that he hopes to bring out some Hakka and Chiuchow dishes.

Side note that cookbook store in Far East Plaza is pretty good. I spotted a Chiuchow cookbook

5 Likes