Keeping Cantonese cooking alive.....Pearl River Delta/Deli and Needle

1 Like

carry on while i am gone

Because the US has very reliable refrigeration earlier on, also we had things called Milk men who would deliver cold milk to your house at one point in history so there was no need for the canned stuff which was sold as being inferior to fresh.

3 Likes

Apparently some of these neighborhood cafes in Hong Kong don’t use evaporated milk, and instead use some sort of non dairy creamer, containing trans fat.

At the end of the day, the OG HKMT is not really that healthy of a drink… so indulge in moderation.

1 Like

ATTENTION FTC’ers!!! @PorkyBelly @moonboy403 @J_L @beefnoguy @euno @Chowseeker1999 sorry I missed some of you

I wonder if we had anything to do with this lol

10 Likes

Yup. Now the rest of you go try and flood the board with pics and reviews!

3 Likes

i’m more interested in what this special cut is! @JLee can you shed any light on this?

Whoever wants to watch God of Cookery so they know what “sorrowful rice” is all about.

PS: char siu in the pic looks great

3 Likes

10 orders a week!!! Good luck getting it guys! Your gonna need all the Dragons, the number 8’s, and red in the world

3 Likes

Pork collar cap?

1 Like

Did Chef get some Yunnan Ham?

3 Likes

oyster shroom and chinese chives

1 Like

is that on their ig? i haven’t had time to dig because of work :frowning_face:

KFHustle running

8 Likes

Or you just need this

Kokuryu (Black Dragon) 88 Daiginjo

5 Likes

Even if it wasn’t lucky, I need this.

2 Likes

Haha such an appropriate gif! I love that movie

1 Like

No

3 Likes

potatoes in the fried rice? interesting.

1 Like

Virginia Smithfield hams are supposedly similar in taste to Jinhua hams so using a good quality American country ham was the next best thing I could do to replace Yunnan ham (since its not exported) especially since their curing processes (dry aging + smoking) are similar.

As for the char siu cut what I am basically using the strip of meat off the entire roast in the lower right corner:

One 6-7lb loin only yields less than 1 lb of the “cap” or tip.

12 Likes

Future ideas on turbo charge:

Sunny side up, double eggs, soy sauce, no veg, low tech colored plates

Triple eggs, more special soy sauce, no veg. Blue plate special

Smooth scrambled eggs, soy sauce.

5 Likes