Keeping Cantonese cooking alive.....Pearl River Delta/Deli and Needle

So is PRD a popup or a permanent spot? My mom is in Chinatown all the time, recommending she stop by. If it’s a popup, may need to emphasize it’s a temp situation/unusual hours.

I believe PRD will be there for a while. Hours are Tues-Sun 11am-8pm

1 Like

Pop up with his option to stick around. IIRC. I think he’s a good fit for a lot of reasons and hope he stays

2 Likes

I believe he is looking to lease this current spot.

Thank you all for confirming PRD’s info. Hope it’s around for awhile, even as a pop up. May be in town in early May.

PRD’s is now serving up Zhong zi not sure what the filling is

You can see it here.

1 Like

Btw how is that pi dan/century egg in the jook? Does he make his own?

The egg sandwiches are those comparable to Australian Dairy Co in Hong Kong?

Looks very porky! I personally like a little mushroom and Chinese sausage in my zhong zi

Hi @JeetKuneBao,

Nope, store bought.

2 Likes

Mui Choy Kau Yuk is coming to @JLee PRD!!!

@moonboy403
@PorkyBelly
@beefnoguy

8 Likes

@JLee did say in person that he hopes to bring out some Hakka and Chiuchow dishes.

Side note that cookbook store in Far East Plaza is pretty good. I spotted a Chiuchow cookbook

5 Likes

Ken, one of the owners of the book store is a great guy and a former Chef at Cut in BH I remember him saying. His selection is pretty deep and definitely geared to people who like to dive deep into a subject

3 Likes

Looks like Andrea Chang took the @JeetKuneBao Cantonese food tour, hitting both PRD and Needle on consecutive nights!

2 Likes

My favorite dish. Though I never knew that name.

Braised pork belly with preserved mustard greens ( Mui Choy Kau Yuk 梅菜扣肉)?

1 Like

Isn’t it Hakka peoples food?

Originally Hakka, but apparently now popular in many parts of China.

Hakka people are all over…Taiwan, HK, Singapore/Malaysia , Thailand, Vietnam, and the Mainland. Their name means “Guest”.

Mui Choy Kau Yuk can be had in the mountains of Taiwan in Miaoli County (where quite possibly one of the best meals in Taiwan await @beefnoguy I still remember reading your blog on this) to the heart of Hong Kong. The Hakka Po Po’s may cook it slightly different

With that said anyone had PRD’s Mui Choy Kau Yuk this week?

I had it last week with the pork chop bun. It was awesome

1 Like