Keeping Cantonese cooking alive.....Pearl River Delta/Deli and Needle

PRD is doing grilled chicken and Panang Curry.

4 Likes

They post a lot of things in IG “stories” (not permanent). Stories only last a day then poof. You can change the settings to receive alerts from @prd_la and @senor_johnny so you don’t miss anything.

1 Like

Yep, you gotta’ follow both.

1 Like

Coinkydink, that this discussion has come up. Question I’ve been meaning to ask: do you have to order ahead of time from PRD or can you show up, see what they’re offering that day and order it? I get a little tired of trying to track down specific dishes.

1 Like

I DM PRD the morning of to see availability of specials and then order. Texting orders isn’t as reliable, calls are good, but you have to wait until they open.

2 Likes

you can order ahead of time and ask what the specials are by text. you can also DM them on IG @prd_la

1 Like

But if a person wants can they show up like normal and order whatever they’re making that day? Or does it have to be done ahead of time?

1 Like

you can just show up and order like normal

2 Likes

Phew. I do the other methods and will continue, but sometimes it gets tedious spending that much time trying to get food! I once sent a text order and was told to text back later (no specific time, just later), then went on one of the two IG links and was able to order what I wanted immediately. Maybe it was a fluke but it’s too much work sometimes.

2 Likes

Yes but I would be very concerned about just showing up and ordering. They are very small and very busy. You will wait unless you go at a really off hour, I think.

2 Likes

Ahhh… okay. I’ll do that morning check thing.

The PRD team suggests contacting them via IG for same day pre-orders. I’ll DM in the morning for pick up later in the day.

1 Like

Exactly… I’m trying to work out a cookie pick up from a neighborhood baker and am freaking out about it because people keep scheduling meetings on me. Now I’ll be rushing over to her place and just be all sorts of salty about it…

But yes, the guys take walk up orders. I’m not one to chase down special order things during normal times anyway (I’m allergic to reservations) … I will have what they have especially if it’s on my time and so I can enjoy it more…

1 Like

No wonder I can never tell if it’s you or @PorkyBelly’s post.

Dommy Tells: Typos, Bad Grammar and Emojis. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah, I know the name of the game is patience right now, especially with mom & pops and I’m working with them, but it can be a deterrent if you’re really busy. So, I love all the interesting looking specials on PRD’s menu, but there’s plenty of things on the regular menu I haven’t tried.

1 Like

Pro tip: I block my work schedule on days I want to go pick up things in the city for lunch.

4 Likes

I try to do that actually but mostly for Yoga and taking care of foster puppies… Unfortunately that does not always work for #thelocalnewsLiveat6pand11life… so dinner pick ups are especially hard. Plus, at normal work places… people don’t plan meetings on 4:30p on a Friday. :confused:

–Dommy!

1 Like

No-nonsense Hong Kong classic combo from Hong Kong Cafe in Monterey Park. I can’t vouch for anything else from this restaurant, but there are two items that I always order whenever I come here.

milk tea

steamed cheung fun
This is simple food done right. Cheung fun here is always smooth, elastic, and has a bit of satisfying chew to each bite. But what brings these tasty and jiggly morsels to the next level are the classic trio of sauces: sweet sauce, sesame sauce, and hot sauce. I love the interplay between sweet, salty, nutty, and tangy notes of these sauces which go very well with the mild rice aroma coming from these rice noodles.

Judgemental cat in food coma approves :+1:

16 Likes

Absolute best! I love that place. I had a regular table too lol

1 Like