Keeping Cantonese cooking alive.....Pearl River Delta/Deli and Needle

The Alhambra Garden was my go-to. Generous portions, suspect service (think the worse of cha chaan teng), good all around cooking whether it’s HK style Western dish or HK classics, excellent red bean ice, opens till 4,…etc…they got it all!

4 Likes

What about yours?

Definitely Garden! Although I had friend who like Bacalli for the steak and chicken. Good times and
memories! SGV version of Denny’s but with way better food.

2 Likes

Bacalli was really good those first several years after replacing Sir George’s. I don’t think it’s nearly as good this last decade.

1 Like

I think their Chinese offerings are quite weak, historically speaking, compared to to other cafes in the area. Their more fusion-y stuff have always been okay though.

Pork shoulder is back in action guys. No need to heat it up yourself. @NYCtoLA @PorkyBelly @TheCookie @attran99

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE91Vw3jXLx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

7 Likes

I hope @Chowseeker1999 sees this

4 Likes

Bang with the porkbelly char siu.

1 Like

done, another excuse for me to get some more almond jello

1 Like

Get both Needle’s char siu plus PRD’s char siu plus Ruby BBQ Siu Yuk

Bring your own fried egg, rice, and ask for some char siu juices

Or when PRD’s does a Sorrowful Rice bang bang with Needle’s and Ruby BBQ

3 Likes

you get to choose between lean and fatty.

give me fatty or give me death

5 Likes

I’m not allowed. According to the rules they must be “fresh and piping hot.” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m a half lean half fatty guy myself.

1 Like

Wow very Canto! Or very Toisan!

@beefnoguy @moonboy403 @PorkyBelly @J_L @Hungrydrunk @secretasianman

10 Likes

Clay pot FTW…

1 Like

@jeetkunebao This calls for Nature Pagoda and PRD bang bang!

@J_L I hear ya! There’s not much of a LA claypot rice game unfortunately. It would be nice if PRD does their own thing especially during winter.

whenever my dad spoke of eel baked rice it was always in the context of potential punishment. so i never knew if it was a real thing or not.

2 Likes

Yellow Eel Claypopt is something Ive only had in Toisan, Im hoping to learn how to break down eels better so I dont lose too much meat but also find them consistently as well.

4 Likes

OMG, I love lap cheung with clay pot, something magical happens to it while cooking and all that fatty flavor goodness soaks into the rice. :drooling_face:

3 Likes