Keeping Cantonese cooking alive.....Pearl River Delta/Deli and Needle

7 Likes

I’ll find out for you I asked on IG.

1 Like

Well… somebody asked both those questions on IG. :wink: No, the rice rolls are not made in-house and yes, he likes HK Cafe’s.

1 Like

Needle Siu Yeh - Part II

Cherng Fun Skewer (Rice Rolls) w/Sesame Sauce, Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Sesame Seeds, Sriracha

The rice rolls cooked on the grill were sooo good and I loved the nuttiness of the sesame sauce. :hearts:

What did I tell ya’? Nailed it!

Oyster Shrooms w/Scallion Oil & Spicy Salt

Can you say Vegan Bacon?!! :yum:

Jidori Chicken Wing w/Scallion Oil & Spicy Salt

Isn’t she pretty?! Evenly cooked, golden brown skin, a little char, moist, juicy meat. Delicious. :hearts:

Salmon Creek Farms Pork Jowl w/Black Bean Sauce

Same porky, fatty, slightly crunchy, delicious. They upped the char and I like it. :blush:

Quail w/Black Pepper Sauce

Oh my! Perfectly cooked, moist & juicy. The black pepper sauce took me to the Caribbean! Yep, the Caribbean! It’s like a less spicy, less sweet jerk sauce married a curried goat sauce. :hearts::blush::hearts:

Snake River American Wagyu Lifter Beef w/Curry Oil

Good beefy flavor, nicely grilled, still a little chewy for my taste, but my beef lovin’ hubby liked the chew. :slightly_smiling_face:

Almond “Jello” - Orange, Nectarine, Mango, Pluot, Goji Berry, Lychee Jelly

I have to admit to not completely getting the love when I first tried it. Maybe because I was focused on reheating the Char Siu correctly and the Lettuce Cups. I thought it was pleasant. Not this time. I get it @PorkyBelly. Fantastic!:hearts:

I paid more attention to how every thing was prepared and cooked this time and not necessarily how well spiced the meat was compared to last time, so I can’t really say. Chef Ryan did say the scallion oil was blended not infused this time @moonboy403 and @butteredwaffles. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy Siu Yeh!

18 Likes

Damn I missed out. I blame Lebron for not taking care of business early on so the game dragged on too late.

2 Likes

Yeah we watched as long as possible then had to listen to the end in the car. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

got in just in time @TheCookie, last chance to get almond jello is this weekend :sob:

beautiful replating of the almond jello, the ftc replating game is stepping up!

It took weeks to develop and over 20 different recipes to reach the consistency we were happy with. This one’s a winner in our book!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGDGWAfDqa9/

4 Likes

going to tofu-fa season…

5 Likes

:partying_face:

1 Like

Very nice pictures! Looks great!

1 Like

Thanks! Inspired by @hppzz.

4 Likes

Looks awesome - is this all to-go and replated at home (or at another undiscosed location :wink:)?
When do they do the grilling?
TIA!

1 Like

They did sidewalk grilling this Tuesday & last Tuesday. I’m not sure if it’s a regular thing. The skewers are wrapped pretty good to stay hot and you can broil in the toaster oven for a couple mins. We did eat a few in the car, though… they give you wetnaps :wink:

4 Likes