Kenji, Wursthall, and Politics

https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/article/Bay-Area-restaurant-s-MAGA-hat-ban-not-to-13575411.php

Thoughts?

1 Like

I saw his tweet this week.
I’m not going to get into a discussion on whether or not he has the legal right to do this. I’m not even going to get into whether or not I agree with him.
I do, however, wonder about the nut jobs or kooks who get wind of this and may try to harm him, his family, his business, his staff, or anyone near their hemisphere.

4 Likes

Do they even have those people in SF? Seems a non-issue.

Look at their Yelp reviews. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Somebody who supports Trump by wearing such a hat also supports his racist rethoric and politics. If somebody would go in a restaurant wearing a KKK hood very few would disagree that it is OK to refuse service to such person - MAGA hats are the KKK hoods of our time

6 Likes

If I were Kenji, I would open up two restaurants. One would only serve the MAGA crowd and the other one serves everybody else. Both sides will then have a feel-good factor to eat at the restaurant. :joy: #profitcity

1 Like

This.

1 Like

No kidding. That’s nuts. This is what I was worried about…and it’s just the beginning.

1 Like

Good for him. I want to make a trip there just to support him. Takes guts.

aaaand it’s gone

https://medium.com/@KenjiLopezAlt/i-want-to-start-by-apologizing-to-my-staff-and-partners-at-wursthall-6e658fb4acca

3 Likes

Thanks. I had shared the OP on FB and I have a friend who lives in San Mateo and who goes there. She had commented that she would go MORE for that reason. I just sent her an update.

Yup. Caved!

I only read a few of the yelp comments but there was enough anger there that I’m guessing staff was being threatened. I wouldn’t use the term “caved.” My friend in SM had this to say: " I read his response and intend to go in more often and tell them this is why I am there. PEOPLE S ‘
responses are crazy !!

:roll_eyes: Twitter!

1 Like

I have yet to see one of those hats in the Bay Area.

Don’t be tempted to go due to the unwarranted publicity.

1 Like