@kevin has a new LA Weekly review - The Ramen Joint (Westchester)

I mean every one makes that mistake. It’s two super tasty Japanese dishes with a single letter difference :smiley:

Understood, but I wouldn’t expect to see that in a published restaurant review. Anyways my comment was all in jest for fuck’s sake.

1 Like

I mean if you’re looking for that standard, I think Besha’s reviews are the real reviews. The rest might be better regarded as writeups. B-Rod goes to the place multiple times anonymously and orders a large part of the menu for a proper review.

Man, I miss and LOVE my guy, Kevin!!!

2 Likes

@Plumeria Me too,

But isn’t LOVE a big word ?

It’s not big enough for my beloved Kevin. .

I tried out The Ramen Joint earlier this week.

The eggs were perfect (way better than the new Ramen Roll in downtown CC), and the noodles were a very basic, thin spaghetti-type noodle. The terrine chicken tasted exactly like pork chashu, but they said it was the chicken, so okay.

I asked for corn with the ramen, and omg… sooo much corn. I can’t even tell you what the broth tasted like, because corn…

Fried oyster. Nicely fried and flavorful, but I’m not a fan of hoisin with oysters. No chili or soy on the table.

Too many other ramen places around, I probably won’t be back here. Cute and decent if you live or work in the neighborhood and don’t feel like driving. Other than that, nah.

2 Likes

I was there earlier this week as well! Love the idea of the Chicken terrine, it was good -maybe a bit dry. The broth has good chicken flavor (but not great) My noodles were cooked perfectly with a good amount of bite. Not bad but not nearly as good as Tentenyu’s chicken ramen, personally I’d rather travel a bit further for Venice ramen.

1 Like

This must’ve been the FTC spot to be cuz I, too, went this past week(end). I must say, I thought the shuyo chicken ramen was stellar. I loved it. The terrine broke apart into lil smokey chunks, and the broth was rich and sweet. And that richness didn’t have the same fattiness along with it that tonkotsu has. Speaking of, I also had a couple bites of their tonkotsu, and I thought that was less successful. I will definitely come back for the shoyu chicken, though.

seaweed salad

shoyu chicken ramen

4 Likes

Went to Jidaiya Ramen for their Shoyu ramen (Tokyo Yatai). Damn, that was a delicious bowl of ramen, I am so happy about this right now.

1 Like