Kiriko Sushi

kiriko_sushi_

kiriko_sushi_

9 Likes

I think I gotta go back for dinner. My lunch at Kiriko looked nothing like that at all. Not that it was bad, mind you. Certainly not at that level.

1 Like

What camera are you using?

galaxy s6

Dinner omakase? If so, how much did it run?

Yes, plus supplements. I paid $245 OTD.

Per head?

Yes

Yow.

That’s why I stopped going to Kiriko. At that pricepoint it’s no brainer Mori or Shunji for me. There was a time where I could get out around $100 at Kiriko and thus it had a niche in my rotation. After a couple of $180pp omakases I had to stop going.

2 Likes

Nice, camera phones continue to progress. My iPhone 5s took great shots for its time but can’t hold a candle to the new phones. Getting an iPhone 6s soon. Looking forward to trying that out and seeing how it compares.

Good lighting doesn’t hurt either

I concur. To me it’s definitely a couple fucking notches below Mori, Shunji, Zo and even Go Smart.

Except for and you know the proverbial fucking drill: my tamagoyaki. And those blue crab hand rolls.

And thats no fucking joke.

1 Like

When Kiriko is on their A game, it’s hard to beat their combination of quality and creativity. But they are wildly inconsistent, not to mention having to deal with the UCLA/Sawtelle clientele while eating your $200 omakase. That being said, I have a very soft spot for Ken-san and crew.

And there’s my tamagoyaki.

Nuff fucking said.

1 Like

Likewise. I spent years feasting at Mori, for whom I have a spot spot as well, but my first choice has been Kiriko for a while now.

so true

This is hilarious @PorkyBelly. Not one comment. If you can’t say anything nice…

The 70$ lunch. So good

4 Likes

Not bad! Thanks for the reference point.