Kismet - Los Feliz

Indeed, $125/person is actually pretty low for that level of food and wine in LA! I think that would’ve been at least $150-$200 at somewhere like Bestia/Republique etc…

In today’s email:

KISMET IN THE OUTDOORS!

AND THE RETURN OF RESERVATIONS

Join us under the stars above Hollywood Blvd!

Dinner service starts tonight, Thursday the 15th.

DINNER 4:30 to 9pm

https://kismetla.com/kismet-reservations

Does “above” mean on the roof?

1 Like

Peony: We went back to Kismet for the first time after COVID. The outdoor seating was really lovely in a sunny LA day. We ordered two types of Kombucha. I found Kombucha too sour for my taste in general. These two were no exception but I like grapefruit & rice a bit more. I had high hope in the dishes today as I noticed dishes in many restaurants have improved during Covid. Overall we enjoyed the meal and it was a good experience. But I find the dishes were not very flavorful in generaI. In particular, I couldn’t taste much of the intrinsic of the flavor of the ingredients such as the cauliflower and the fish.

Warrior: My impression is more positive. I find the food very flavorful. But i find it generally too salty and sometimes too oily. I would prefer that the main ingredients shine through more. The mushrooms, for example, are lost in the sweet onion and fruity olive oil. Sometimes there seem to be too many ingredients in one dish, like with the green beans, fennel, green tomatoes, etc. I agree that no dish was impressive and that we have had better experiences here in the past. I still would go back.

9 Likes