Kitchen counters

Back with some kitchen questions. What counters do you have? What do you like dislike.

We are thinking quartzite. Positives negatives?

From the Quartzite site, “Prevention. Is. Key. Using coasters, potholders, cutting boards, properly sealing and sealing once a year, as well as not letting stains sit for too long will help keep your quartzite looking gorgeous for years to come.”

This sounds to me like there is a fair amount of attention needed to prevent disfiguration. But all stone requires some degree of diligence. I had a relative who’s profession it was to restore abused stone. His business was brisk.

2 Likes

Haha appreciate the info this sounds super annoying lol

We had “Ceasar Stone” installed two years ago and it’s relatively maintenance free.
I don’t know much about it other than it works for my family! Might be worth looking into.

3 Likes

Our Silestone is from 2007 and still looks fine.

2 Likes

i would rather go with Quartz than Quartzite, we just had them put in a year ago and so far no problems. the main thing you have to worry about is the “heat” thing, so we just use trivets and stuff.
you can probably get more info online.

Unlike real stone, quartz never needs to be sealed . That’s because it’s a non-porous surface that blocks liquids and stains from ever penetrating through the surface

We got ours from MSI Surfaces

they have a showroom in Orange, where you can take a look at what they carry.

Here’s ours when we were renovating the kitchen

2 Likes