Kono - Chinatown

former sergio at torishin opens his own place in chinatown serving delicious yakitori. the only disappointment was they ran out of chochin.

tail

heart

inner thigh

knee

kyoto sweet peppers

oyster

potato

katsu

quail

duck and chicken tsukune

ooe bonus round

8 Likes

Omg you are eating so good.

Btw, where does the term “sergio” come from? The first time i saw it here i thought it was the cdc actual name and got really confused :joy:

7 Likes

Nice toto and :black_heart::roll_of_toilet_paper:!!

3 Likes

Lol when I first joined FTC it confused me too. My answer might be just as confusing. It’s a metaphor for head chef/owner. I think it started when Sergio Penuelas of fan favorite 106 Seafood Underground was cheffing for a small chain of family restaurants called Mariscos Chente and Coni’Seafood. The food was best when Sergio was in the kitchen, so it became a thing of Where’s Sergio cooking today? and it blossomed from there. Veterans can weigh-in if I got something wrong.

10 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, i figured it was something like that :joy::joy:

2 Likes

First time I’ve seen the phoenix claw at a yakitori spot

5 Likes

I’m glad there’s someone who didn’t let this photo pass without a mention because it definitely deserves more discussion. :grin:

3 Likes

@PorkyBelly I’ve been waiting for someone on this board to post about Kono!
One of the few places in NY I really want to go to. What was the best bite?
If you were a Michelin inspector, would you give it a star?

1 Like

It needs a few infinity stones to be complete.

2 Likes

it was excellent and i would give it a porkybelly star. highlights were fried chicken skin, monaka with chicken liver and truffles, chicken roulade with uni, heart, inner thigh, oysters, knee, katsu, quail, tsukune, skin, and black sugar creme brulee.

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes