L.A. restaurants that you wouldn't return to . And why?

We used to go to the DTLA location regularly (if not frequently!). It was a splurge but we were always very happy, especially while Masashi Ito was still behind the bar. After he left for New York, we no longer enjoyed Zo as much. And the last time we went, maybe 6 weeks ago, the pieces were even smaller than usual, the quality wasn’t as high, and the bill was ridiculous compared to before. We won’t go back.

1 Like

what if someone saved the food in used condoms ?

depends on who used them.

:scream:

1 Like

bangkok, is weird but iz true.

http://sushizo.us/locations.html

bangkok good sushi city ?

who

did you mean jazz or jizz ? :slight_smile:

Convince me.

Been done

3 Likes

All this talk has made me crave cream pie (from Apple Pan, of course; photo courtesy of LAWeekly)…

5 Likes

I’ve now forgotten what this thread was actually about :expressionless:. Men!

3 Likes

Tat looks good.

Cream pies is good.

Ah yes, the classic Apple Pan banana cream pie, shown here as it usually is served, bursting at the seams with perfectly cooked, snappy fresh shrimp

I like the spin on this thread . Maybe I should have said ." L.A. restaurants that you would return to . And why ? " LOL .

2 Likes

There no shrimps there.

Bangkok has a pretty damn big Japanese population, so it doesn’t surprise me that a decent sushi spot would open up there. There’s also lots of money in BKK and they love foreign exports.

Yesee.

Lots of foreign monies.

1 Like

Catch LA - Big time. Over the top pretentious. Waiter tried to sneak a 40% tip on my bill and then claimed I told him to do so when confronted.

Fig and Olive - Worst service ever, server was clearly on drugs and we left without eating after sitting at the table close to an hour.

Ivy - This one I may change my mind but its been a few years. Used to go frequently and really enjoyed the patio. One early evening I was meeting a friend and wanted to sit at my table and have a drink as he was running a few minutes late. It was not busy and like I said, I had been a good patron over the years. The host refused to let me sit at the table and after a bit of a heated discussion about it, offered to let me squeeze in a tiny table against the reception stand. I opted to leave and went to the patio at AOC instead, which has since been my Ivy alternative. That said, enough time has past that the jerk host is probably gone and its a nice place to sit on a summer evening and enjoy an Ivy gimlet.

3 Likes

Bazaar at SLS, food wasn’t that good, bad QPR and pretentious in a bad way

I have another friend who almost fell prey to this scam at Catch LA… Apparently here, “Catch” don’t mean seafood. It means you gotta CATCH the errors on your bill (always in favor of the house, for some reason), else you’ll be sorry…

2 Likes