La Ciccia - Noe Valley

Hi, Massimo, can you send us $100K worth of bottarga & tuna heart pasta? Thanks, dude, you’re the best.

1 Like

Shhh… One less FTCer to fight over seating for.

Time for a last visit

http://www.tablehopper.com/chatterbox/big-news-at-our-cherished-la-ciccia-massimo-and-lorella-are-selling-the-business/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Big%20News%20at%20Our%20Cherished%20La%20Ciccia%3A%20Massimo%20and%20Lorella%20Are%20Selling%20the%20Business&utm_campaign=UA-3464534-1

2 Likes

Oh no!!!

In case anyone is wondering, they are booked out until 9PM on 04/09. :frowning:

Well this changes everything

I loved it the one time I went and, coincidentally, will actually be in the Bay area on 04/09. I’m going to keep checking the Open Table to see if anything becomes available.

1 Like

Massimo (a mensch) always tries to keep a few seats open at the bar for walk-ins. God speed.

1 Like

Has anyone been after the restaurant changed hands?

That’s such a weird idea.

Why would it be a weird idea?

Lorella and.Massimo were La Ciccia.

Oh please. You’re REALLY not into change, are you? Whew.

One place in the city I always wanted to dine at . Didn’t work out. Would I go there now Ehhhhhhhhh I don’t think so . To many places to dine at . If and whenever I travel back to the bay area.

I ate there a few years ago with a friend and her brother who were NOT into the things I would have wanted. So I was disappointed but never blamed the restaurant for that. AND it was our old neighborhood :slight_smile:

1 Like

I liked what I saw on the menu online. I’m into seafood , offal , and other . Im not into the straight forward Italian menu . I can make that anytime at home . Hopefully they will survive. The hands make the food not the restaurant name . Good to hear from you Cat . I’ll be in search of cow stomach this weekend. I have a plan to make trippa alla fiorentina that I had in Florence. Cheers . I don’t post much here anymore.

1 Like

Nor do I. Is your email available? We’re in Seattle now.

1 Like

You didn’t know the place or Lorena or Massimo so you have no fucking clue. It was like a family-run trattoria in Italy. One of two I’ve ever found in this soulless country.

I’m glad for them that they found a buyer. Might be a perfectly good restaurant.

Change is inevitable but this is weird. There’s nothing on the web site acknowledging the change in ownership. They just changed

Husband and wife owners, Massimiliano Conti and Lorella Degan work together to take you to a culinary journey through the Italian island of Sardinia. The chef is committed to use the freshest and the most authentic ingredients from his native island …

to

La Ciccia will take you to a culinary journey through the Italian island of Sardinia. The chef is committed to use the freshest and the most authentic ingredients from this incredible Island …

But who’s the chef?

I wonder if Zuckerberg might have been involved in putting the deal together.

I’m pretty sure Zuckerberg holds heavy influence. There’s now a special where you come in earlier that day, kill a goat with a stun gun, then they serve it you