LA FTC'ers a/k/a "beer snobs"

Good stuff @Nemroz. Here is a list of California breweries shipping in-state. Shared from the OC Beer group on Facebook. Most charge $20-$25 for shipping up to a case.

I’d recommend Casa Agria (free shipping over $45), Harland and Alvarado St. Monkish delivers but you’ll never get any.

2 Likes

i dig Agria too… will probably just grab on location. i copped these yesterday

3 Likes

Mcleod can be a fun place to spend a couple hours on a Sunday afternoon (well at least it was…)

Every brewery is fun for me, agree MacLeod is particularly fun

I’ve got this exact glass, and a shirt with this beer can design :wink: great combo.

Considering getting some stuff shipped from Alvarado or maybe Humble Sea…

1 Like

No shit!

I hear agria is doing free shipping

I’ve done shipping from both Humble Sea and Alvarado the last month. The cost is about the same when you tack on shipping ~$150 per case. I enjoyed the Alvarado St more and they usually offer a little more variety but both were good. Contains No Juice and any of their [hop name] Baby series are amazing.

Casa Agria is a great option. Free shipping over $45. You’ll end up paying closer to $20 per 4 pack vs $25 from elsewhere.

1 Like

Oh weird, finally looked on Agria’s site and they’re not offering any Agrias which is why I go there. It’s not hard to get hops from other places, I wanted their fruited sours

I’m not sure they have been posting much of the fruited sours lately. Their hops are quite good. Just added 4 brand new cans today. My wife loves their stuff.

Yes I agree. We’ve been there a lot of times and i’m sure it makes sense for them to produce quality hoppy beer especially given their location but for us it was the sours that are special. I can get great hops anytime. I wrote them, lets see what they say. I think that the ease of shipping of the cans is what drives this shift in product. maybe.

1 Like

Homage in Pomona makes some top notch fruited sours. If you’re ever out that way.

2 Likes

Casa Agria makes awesome sours, and I’ve been digging lots of local options lately. Hard to beat the Blendery with their new gueuze releases, and Cellador has been killing it (and shipping!) too. Homage is great.

I called a last minute audible and got a mixed case of fresh IPAs from Burgeon shipped in for my dad’s birthday for $125 including shipping. Only been there once but liked their hoppy stuff a lot, and I didn’t like the mixed case options from Alvarado (birthday cake hard seltzer gtfo). He’s planning to drive up to Oxnard for a day trip so he’s gonna stop by Agria, otherwise might have done that… And Fieldwork was a close contender too.

2 Likes

Yea I just go there usually and smog and HPB. Just drove by Cellador and forgot

Burgeon? Researching

My friend is telling me to keep an eye on SARA. They’ve been sending cases of really dank stuff apparently

Fieldwork from Bay Area ? That same friend speaks really highly of it, he lives by It now.

Never had Alvarado either

Burgeon is good. Only had on tap several times. So many great options in SoCal from LA down to SD and in between.

SARA? Saint Adarius?

Fieldwork has a location at Oxbow Market when you go back up to Sonoma. Hog Island oysters, some Mexican food (forget the name) and a pint from Fieldwork makes for a great lunch at Oxbow.

1 Like

We never get up that far :frowning: Should plan to though.

Where do the people in this thread live because we should be splitting case from far off breweries.

Yes SARA is shorthand for Sante Adarius

1 Like

This is a great idea. I’m in Highland Park but would definitely split some stuff.

I considered the SARA cans that they just put out, but it was 2 pilsners and 1 ipa, so figured it was a riskier play than to go all hoppy stuff. Love love their beers though!

Big fan of Fieldwork too, their spot at Oxbow Market is the perfect way to break up a grape juice-heavy weekend.

Cellarmaker is shipping too, and their beer is incredible, but it keeps selling out before I can snag any.

1 Like

I would be down but I’m already in a few beer shipping share groups. We get a case every weekend and been trying out a lot of different breweries. Might do Burgeon next week. I’ve lucked out on a few Monkish drops that kept me busy.

I like Cellarmaker as well but been getting shut out too. Never had their pizza but it looks delicious.

Fuuk u den :grinning:

Haha. If you guys want to try scoring a bunch of different four packs like Cellarmaker, Alvarado St, Fieldworks, Humble Sea, Ogopogo, Burgeon, etc… try The City Beer Store in SF. They don’t currently have Cellermaker or Fieldworks but I know they have in the past.

I would be potentially down to split some cases. I am in Atwater Village