LA restaurants open for seated dining

Belle Vie last night was about 80% full, and excellent as always.

1 Like

birdie g’s
cassia

Two more Jonathan Gold 101 restaurants: Alimento and Marouch. I like them both. The muhammara at Marouch is one of my favorite LA dishes.

1 Like

Liked their take out very much as well

Besides Shin and Q any other omakase options open?

sgo

Got takeout at Fromin’s Santa Monica today, which is now open for seated dining. The tables in the dining room were way more than six feet apart from what I could see. Now, this underseasoned stuffed cabbage is another matter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The patio at Gjusta has reopened for your dining pleasure. You now check in and wait to be seated there. Also, the prime rib butcher is back! Not quite as good as memory but still very tasty.

4 Likes

went to madeos for lunch today, pleasant and private outside patio…tasty pasta

Melisse/Citrin reopens June 25th. I just had the Ma Maison tribute meal to go and it was mostly excellent–delicious lobster and shrimp salad with avocado, green beans, butter lettuce and a warm truffle vinaigrette; a lovely loup de mer en croute with two sauces (a rich dark one and a creamy white one); a very good veal medallion with onion marmalade and porcinis (duck with pink peppercorn and peach, served with couscous and duck ravioli, was the other option); and a marvelous Marjolaine with creme anglaise for dessert. The only disappointment was the mini smoked salmon pizza–just ok, not really all that reminiscent of Puck’s version. The rest of the meal more than made up for it.

2 Likes

Yasu

Nozawa bar

7 Likes

How is the health department not at the forefront of the push to open restaurants? Where is the adapted COVID-19 “A, B and C” that states that a restaurant has met the necessary standards as a facility and is practicing responsible sanitary habits to protect public health?

4 Likes

Thanks. Somehow ive never heard of that Lebanese spot

• Mayura

• Simpang

• Gish bac

• Sapp

Fishing with Dynamite and MB Post are both open…and for Father’s Day…it was insane at 12:30PM. I came by to pick up my prepaid order, and from how many people were out and about, you’d think everything was normal and fine. Of course, they’ve changed up their seating arrangements. Half as many tables inside as there used to be, and the metered parking out front has been converted into an outdoor patio. But in my honest opinion, tables are not spaced away as much as I would prefer (i.e. there was not a 6 ft radius between tables).
They were super slammed when I arrived. Orders were behind schedule. As I ordered a soft shell crab sandwich in addition to my key lime pies, they waited until I arrived and checked in to fire it. The restaurant inside and out was at full capacity. I don’t think they anticipated to be this busy today…even though it’s a holiday.
I waited about half an hour total for my order to be ready. They were super nice and offered free champagne to everyone waiting for their pick-up orders…the champs was poured into plastic cups and handed to us with lids on top.
Soft shell crab sandwich was great! Key lime pie is for dessert later.

If you’re comfortable dining out, I suppose you’ll be happy sitting outside here. The ocean breeze was sure nice. If you are weary of crowds still, I would suggest a more slow and quiet location to dine out. Take-out wise, if they can’t manage to find their stride, I may not be back for a while. It’s simply too crowded for my tastes.

7 Likes

Lots of Ktown places opening up (although I’m not dining in anytime soon…):

2 Likes

Rasselbock LA. We still did to-go, but they had been completely closed (even for to-go) until now, so we’re glad they’re back. We did curbside, so I didn’t see what the seating situation inside was like. They do have a patio out back, but it’s covered, so I don’t know if I’d feel particularly comfortable there (although YMMV).

1 Like

Shibumi came back on Resy starting next Thursday.

Glad to be back at Rossoblu tonight! Good food, good wine, good cocktails, good amari! The patio is greatly expanded and the indoor seating is very spaced apart. I loved it because I didn’t have to listen to the loud background music or chatter of other tables. Peace at last when dining. Long overdue!

2 Likes