LA restaurants open for seated dining

1 Like

Always wanted to try Torihei but I am a big fan of Torimatsu

1 Like

Torihei has lost its luster over the years although I had a pretty good meal PreCovid. Overall, Torimatsu is the chicken maestro. Torihei has more variety such as the bacon wrapped asparagus and gyutan which is great beer drinking food.

2 Likes

gjelina now accepting gjuests for dine in. @Chowseeker1999

1 Like

Who’s the chef there now?

The Ivy (Robertson)
Mastroes

Wood and Water, https://www.woodandwaterla.com/

2 Likes

Not necessarily a celebratory dish @beam, but I had a great cheeseburger there.

A good cheeseburger isn’t a celebratory dish? Shhh!!! Don’t blow my story!

2 Likes

Thank you, ended up ordering AOC take out for home, which was pretty good.
Going to Wolfgang Puck @ Bel AIr Hotel tonight for a deferred celebratory dinner - they opened yesterday apparently!
It is going to be a weird feeling getting dressed up to go out - something I have not done since mid March!

2 Likes

Yah! And any dish inside a restaurant is a celebratory dish.

Now that’s a celebratory meal.

I know! I feel like I’m out of practice.

1 Like

Sugarfish
Kazunori

LA County currently has 186 cases per 100,000. and test results released on June 3 showed 8.6% positive. Per state standards, stage 2 requires under 25 cases or under 6%. How are restaurants opening?

1 Like

Rose goes back into dine-in service on Friday, June 12th. My guess is communal table and counter-seating will be gone but it does have that nice, big patio and the side and back patios.

I don’t remember exactly where I heard or read this but the increase in LA County cases was due to delayed testing and reporting added to recent results. Are the delayed testing and reports included in the numbers you quote?

Those should be current numbers. Those are the milestones for the state’s reopening stages.

providence

Giorgio Baldi and ebaldi