Langer's pastrami

Langer’s has done curbside pickup for many years (unless I’m hallucinating). I remember knowing about it 20+ years ago. It’s because there’s not much parking in that area and their parking lot is smallish and a bit away.

5 Likes

Now, “who knew?” THAT!!!
Only you.
Hahaha!

3 Likes

Myself, and a huge number of other people who’ve maintained an office in the Downtown area for years lol… #LangersSupportsOfficeMorale

6 Likes

Thank you, Nora. :hearts: RIP.

2 Likes

The Langers curbside pickup was key while I was in b-school at a nearby university.

3 Likes

30 posts were split to a new topic: Restaurants checking vaccination status: threat or menace?

Langer is 77 years old. He says he has no plans to retire. “I get up in the morning, I’ve got to go somewhere,” he says. “Everybody needs a place to go.”

5 Likes

Langer’s pastrami is available in the SF Bay Area this week through shoplocale.com for $54 a pound plus $5 delivery charge. If you pick up at the restaurant it’s $48. Goldbelly packages start at $115.

They also have Harry’s strawberries for $17 a pound.

1 Like

Locale is a nice service! Like you point out, their prices are only a little marked up from buying in store and the convenience is really good when you can combine orders from a bunch of good shops around the city into one delivery. Usually you can get a code for free delivery or discount off your first order.

Note that the pastrami will likely come vacuum packed and frozen, that’s how it came to me.

1 Like

Also just took a look at our LA pricing and it’s $48/lb for the pastrami on Locale, looks like there’s a slightly higher price to cover transport to SF.

Is Langers cutting back the amount of meat in their sandwiches? My friend from Florida is eating there right now. Seems very light.

1 Like

2016 for reference

3 Likes

I looked at some pics from Chowseeker’s April 2020 post and it looked like twice the meat compared to what my friend got today.

Do I see cheese on there? Which sandwich is that?

If it’s the hot pastrami rather than some combo, that’s definitely less than I’ve ever been served.

Yes he added cheese. My friend is from Florida so he is a heathen. I told him many times do not get the #19. Pastrami on rye with mustard is the only answer. They loved the fries. 4 sandwiches, large fries and 2 sodas for $129 with tax and tip. I don’t know if Langer’s raised their prices but that seems more expensive than my last few trips but none this calendar year.

1 Like

Per posts above it was $18 in March 2021. Today it’s $22.

The photo’s sort of misleading since (as you can see) they pile it high in the middle and thin at the edge. I always rearrange mine.

1 Like

me too - I hate when the center is 3x higher than the edges

1 Like

Unless the meat was already rearranged.

1 Like

That does look rather chintzy.

2 Likes

Norm has always piled the meat higher in the center than the edges so it’s easier to handle. My family has been eating at Langer’s for over 50 years and the sandwich hasn’t changed much. The price has. Everything is more expensive these days.

6 Likes