Laroolou - Chinatown

Oh, I think they meant
“Vanilla custard layered with salty butterscotch sauce topped with dark chocolate ganache, toasted pecans and brown sugar whipped cream, seasoned with the tears of Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers."

6 Likes

i showed this to my husband (big Eagles fan and HATES Tom Brady) and he laughed :laughing:

5 Likes

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Me too. :drooling_face:

I am guessing the Buccaneers version is some sort of savory GOAT pie?

6 Likes

Totally forgot to post my Super Bowl order a few weeks ago!

The Kansas City pie. This was deeeelicious. I hope they bring it back in some form. I love custard based pies and the salty butterscotch underneath the custard went great with the chocolate ganache. I tried to get all the layers in each bite because they worked really well together.

The salted cookies and cream cookie was also amazing. It is huge though, so I ate it over 2 days and shared with my husband. Nice fudgy/chewy middle and the edges are chewier but not hard and crispy. Definitely recommend if you have a sweet tooth!

13 Likes

You chose well!

1 Like

Sweets!

I’d never heard of a Thiccie until yumming over this thread. So while waiting for our PRD order I had to pop over! I didn’t have a chance to checkout these posts first to refresh my memory but I think we did ok.

Springtime Buttermilk Pie :lemon:

Gah! Love! :hearts: Not your typical lemon curd filling. The buttermilk gives it texture reminiscent of Chess Pie and with a nice flaky crust.

Funfetti Thiccie - Filled w/Rainbow Sprinkles, White Chocolate Chips and Marshmallows.

Funfetti looked like a possible ooey, gooey sugar bomb. But it has just the right amount of not cloyingly sweet ooey gooey-ness - light crispy, chewy outside, cookie dough-like inside and not in a this cookie is undercooked kinda way. Scrumptious. :two_hearts:

I met Edlyne, the baker. She’s as sweet as her treats. Looking forward to tasting more of her offerings! :cookie:

11 Likes

Where is this place exactly? I can’t believe I missed it - was just at the Far East Plaza on Wednesday :sleepy:

1 Like

It’s a nondescript kiosk between PRD and Lasita & Amboy. That’s funny. I stopped at the kiosk to ask if they knew where Laroolou was and realized I found it.

2 Likes

:person_facepalming: I wonder if they were open then -because I don’t remember any open Kiosks. Will definitely pay closer attention next time! Thank you!

1 Like

here’s what it looks like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGFlIVSji4v/

2 Likes

Didn’t realize that they are weekend only! No wonder I didn’t see them!

1 Like

I didn’t know that either.