Lasita - Chinatown

new filipino rotisserie from the team at lasa. I’ll be back to try the lechon.

chicken inasal, garlic mojo, toyomansi, garlic fried rice, chicken fat rice
dark meat was tender and juicy, rice was delicious, white meat was pretty good, garlic mojo can kill the cast of what we do the shadows.

Lasita
727 N. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90012
http://www.lasa-la.com/lasita

18 Likes

I also picked up half a bird this weekend and was super impressed with the execution on the first day.

Half Chicken Inasal with garlic mojo and toyomansi + Sheddage salad

Like @PorkyBelly said, the dark meat was super juicy and pretty much fell off the bone. The white meat was still delicious, but admittedly rescued by some terrifically crunchy skin. They really nailed it all around, and is the best rotisserie style chicken I’ve had in recent memory, and a notch better than Kismet Rotisserie. Both of the sauces were great too, but the toyomansi really stood out to me–a little bit went a long way!

The salad was super simple, consisting of only finely shaved cabbage and a coconut/green goddess dressing. It was a nice light accompaniment, but not really enough to satisfy on its own. Good thing I had a whole half chicken.

Watch the website for next week’s preorders.

14 Likes

preorders on tock

3 Likes

Hello!

4 Likes

Warrior: all the food was good. Very good QPR. 4.5 Warrior Points.

Peony: tasty food. The mushrooms were my favorite. The rice was too dry for my liking, but I guess that’s the style, and it’s the way it is. The chicken was quite tender.

3 Likes

love this place. agree that the QPR is good. their beef tartare ( i know i know with ur eating preferences) is excellent, and I’ve really liked putting the lechon in the pancit

3 Likes

We went to Lasita for the first time (having gone to Lasa a bunch previously). Didn’t realize they’re trying a “Monday night raw” thing with an emphasis on raw dishes. Pretty dang good.

No pics but we got the half chicken (since we haven’t tried their roast chicken yet), fries (they were out of chicken fat rice), kinilaw, tartare and wedge salad. Our only nitpick is that we didn’t love the crackers that came with the tartare- they weren’t bad at all but the texture and flavor didn’t really do much for the tartare so we were fine eating it plain. I believe we liked the previous iteration with chips or even would’ve tried them with the “chicharron” they previously offered (actually puffed rice chips).

Everything was pretty superlative, including the fries and dipping sauces with the chicken. I’m not a huge coconut fan but the coconut in the green goddess dressing didn’t overwhelm it for me.

There were no leftovers but it was a totally reasonable or even large amount of food for two so we didn’t get to try what I think was a calamansi custard. Maybe too far afield but I’d like to compare it to the key lime panna cotta from Cassia (which I found a touch floral).

9 Likes

This place is still really good. My hot take is skip the chicken, for sure order the lechon or the pork sisig.

3 Likes

Had a pretty disappointjng meal here highlight was the beef tartar. The vibe and music are good and the pricing is reasonable though

Sisig wasn’t even sizzling on hot plate more like lukewarm sisg :frowning: lechon was dry and prawns over cooked sadly

1 Like

We enjoyed Lasita when we went in person. We were also impressed with tonight’s delivery. Their whole roasted chicken blows away pretty any other roasted chicken we’ve tried in LA, delivery or dine-in. Moist, great flavor. The only roasted chicken I can remember enjoying more is at Citrin. All the sauces and sides were good too.