Let's talk about juicing

Do use certain veggies for detox? Energy?
I like using lemon, ginger, beets for detox…
Loved to know your veggie/fruit mix…
Need more ideas!

My liver and other organs thank you!
:tongue:

I live in an old house and outlets are limited. But I get the beetnik at Wholefoods. IIRC it has beets, carrots, parsley, celery and I swap out the spinach for kale.

1 Like

Thank Cookie. .

Gonna do a carrot, ginger and pear juice today. .in case that 7.0 earthquake advisory that has extended to Friday,…kicks in.
:pray:
Tho’ I’m about 100 miles west as the crow flies…

1 Like

You’re 100 miles WEST of the fault? Do you live in the ocean?!?!? Can you get that far away and not be in the water???

As the crow flies, yup…

Santa Catalina?

I’m in San Diego. .

Not as much juicing these days, but I have been blending up some smoothies for breakfast.

baby spinach / hemp hearts / frozen banana / TJ’s frozen fruit (switch it up between mixed berries, mangos, pinneapple, rhubarb) / almond butter

Need to do more juice, though. Throw a load of ginger in that mother.

2 Likes

I don’t do set combinations, but I throw in some combo of the following:

spinach
kale
celery
parsley
lemon
mint
ginger
carrot
beets

Sometimes I’ll add a pinch of cayenne too.

2 Likes

I too haven’t juiced either but purely because the juicer I have takes a good 20 minutes to clean. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For smoothies, I have that NutriNinja pro and it makes kale and other greens very palatable. My usual is a frozen strawberry, banana, carrot juice, and a boatload of Tuscan kale. Sometimes I throw in some of that PB Fit stuff in there. But the Nutri|Ninja is just so easy to clean.

2 Likes

Hemp hearts? Now look at you. Love TJ’s frozen fruits. They satisfy my off-season berry needs.

2 Likes

Solid. .

1 Like

Love hemp. .and the Hemp lotion in so nice and smooth too.

I’ve been on a cherry, pineapple juice craze.

1 Like