Let's talk about Vegas Baby!

We’ve been taking the back road from SD to LV…love it!

No more pain in the ass 15 thru LA with the traffic and crazed drivers on that 2 lane highway…

Great scenic no traffic relaxing drive…
:bee:

Have fun. And good luck with the :slot_machine:!

Drink plenty champs while sucking down oysters to stay cool in :sun_with_face:.

1 Like

Lots of Veuve slurping down those Kumamoto oysters. .
Love roulette and do pretty well but don’t want to jinx my :shamrock:
:cocktail:

2 Likes

Yeah baby…

2 Likes

Vegas Vegas Vegas!!!

1 Like

Been to db brasserie when it was at the Wynn.
What to you all think of this deal $99 for 2 dinner and drinks

www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Las-Vegas/Restaurant/213840/db-Brasserie-at-The-Venetian/gift?scenario=checkoutrefresh

It is not the same. I loved the one at the Wynn. The one in the Venetian reeks of mediocrity. I just went for the third time as I was coerced coupled with recent news of a better chef, and it still was average. The only way I step foot in there is for their happy hour, which has $1 oysters and good prices on drinks. I think it is from 4-6 daily. Other than that, Bardot is much better for the type of restaurant. Order their app which won some “best app of the year by xxxxxxx” and it was average. Main was coq au vin which was good but nothing I can’t do at home.

IMO pass unless for $1 oysters during HH.

1 Like

Thanks A5K!

Loved when db was at the Wynn and tho’ I’ve seen that water show many times at db and last year at Lakeside, it never gets old.
Good to know on the HH oysters for a buck…I wish there were more raw bars on the strip.

Definitely hitting up Bardot and the Trump bumped us up to a high floor corner suite strip view and it has a full sub zero kitchen which is nice to keep the cold beers and champs flowing and watching all the craziness down below, before heading out for round 2.

Been craving a couple of slices of secret pizza at the Cosmo…dang, that is some good NY style pizza!

1 Like

Had an epic trip last month in Vegas…
Trump Hotel is always a great place to stay…they allow dogs…had a gorgeous corner 1 bdr suite. And the kitchen is all sub zero , which is nice for any high end hotel.

Lotus of Siam…stellar and order take out for late munchies.

Oyster Bar at Palace Station…outfrigging standing…this is usually not a place I hang but its worth the wait and the Pan Roasts of seafood or the lobster Pan roasts are
Sublime!

Chowder, oysters, all is fantastic and this is one of the best places to get your seafood fix on…
Pan roasts and the gumbo are crowd faves…

Had to cancel Bardot but will definitely book next time…so little time.

Had much at Binions cafe to see my baby girl, Moneta…best damn server in the universe!!!
Club sandwich on rye is delicious old school…

Was gonna do the Fremont zip line but after zip lining in the jungles of PV and Ixtapa a couple months ago and almost pulled my shoulder socket out …plus, its my gambling arm, …love how they opened up Fremont with open bars…but its still a little sketch but gets you out of the Strip action…

2 Likes

Just came back from a short trip to Vegas and have to thank @A5KOBE and @Plumeria for the Flock and Fowl and Oyster Bar rec.

That poached chicken is unbelievable. Any place in Los Angeles that comes remotely close?

As for Oyster Bar, owner has many locations in So Cal? So where can I go to have some more of that pan roast. I went at 1:30 am and still had to wait ten minutes to sit down.

Also went to Bardot, Le Cirque, Jaleo, and Yonaka.

I don’t think any place comes close to Flock and Fowl in LA. You may want to try Side Chick but I felt the rice was too oily, the chicken overcooked, and the ginger scallion too harsh.

I found myself craving Flock and Fowl and now I must go there every time I visit LV.

Maybe Ritter’s Steam Kettle for the pan roasts? Owner used to be a chef at Oyster Bar.
http://www.rittersskc.com/

Hmm, looks like one is opening in Alhambra soon, I may have to investigate…

1 Like