Let's talk likes and dislikes of dining in a restaurant. . .take out to fine dining

Take out…

Love strong napkins…not the cheap ass kind that you need a thousand to wipe your mouth without leaving a trail of napkin residue on your face.
Place to sit that’s shaded
Parking
Somewhat clean…not a disastrous mess

All the others…

Love a decent chair to sit in…
Hate when the table is wobbly!!!
Loud beyond loud.
Weak drinks
Nickle and dimed to death on menu items
If sitting next to a window, I see that the level of soot can be measured in inches.
Idiot servers
Empty resto and the hostess seats you at the worst table by the kitchen or bathroom…ugghhh!

Loved to hear your gripes and moans…you know you got em…

1 Like

A friend of mine shared on FB a restaurant in St. Helena (Napa Co.) The STEAK SAUCE is FIVE DOLLARS!!!

What are those raised tables called? I don’t like them one bit.

I like a water glass that plenty big.

1 Like

Like : When they supply reading glasses for the menu when I forget mine.
Dislike : Puny pours on the wine .

1 Like

When they serve them in the itty bitty carafes and when they pour it into the wine glass, it fills it less than half way…burns my ass up!

Or a flashlight…:+1::flashlight:

Five bucks for steak sauce…was it a made to order demi-glace?

I call them Pub or Bar High…I don’t like them either…I’d rather stand.
Also, I like bar stools with backs on them and filled in…not where your back is exposed…

I also hate when my beloved taco shops start bringing out the cleaner and start spraying that ammonia that I’m sensitive to, along with its tough to enjoy your meal with waifs of chemical cleaner in the air.

When they come by with water refills, I want a lot of ice in the pitcher and I don’t want the last drop of water in my glass…unless I’m in the desert and Armageddon is approaching.
I also don’t like nasty, calcium ridden pitchers…eeewwww.

1 Like

Cheese or chartucerie plates where the cheese and meats aren’t at the proper temperature. Greasy, warm hard cheese? Firm, cold soft cheese? Really?

And I would like more than one piece of bread for my three cheeses, please.

1 Like

When the sandwich you ordered is on, not so fresh bread…

When you go to a nice restaurant and the butter is hard as a rock. :rage::rage::rage:

3 Likes

[quote=“catholiver, post:2, topic:3922”]
What are those raised tables called?
[/quote]When we rent them from our local party store we call them bistro tables. I don’t like sitting at them either. @Plumeria is right, they’re for standing.

1 Like

I like when they offer a black napkin if you’re wearing black.

I don’t like when the chairs are designed to make your purse fall to the floor. You have to have your meal with a purse in your lap or on the table. I never put my purse on the floor.

I hate bad service.

2 Likes

LOL. We visit Rio about once a year and no server would EVER allow a purse to be put on the floor. But this photo was a new one for me.

1 Like

That’s Awesome

1 Like

Never put a handbag on the floor but love those hooks under the bar or in fancy pants restaurants in France, my French Handbag gets its own little stool…:handbag::hearts:

1 Like

I love cold buttah…

When they serve the cheese plate on a dirty board…ewwww!

1 Like

I can no longer find the photo but one place we ate in Rio, in a mall mind you, had like mini-coat racks for handbags.

1 Like

Love the hooks under the bar too. My cousin actually has a little portable one that she clamps on a table or bar. She bought it in Little Tokyo.

1 Like

Love me my taco shops but when they bring out the ammonia laced windex, just can’t breath that sh*t…with my iron lung I got for all the wrappers off my Pall Mall cigs. . .

1 Like

Dirty stained menus…so gross!

Hostesses that act like Mensa infused skanks that are there for your pleasure…not, to seat you and become so annoyed to have to walk you to your table!

1 Like

Mensa-infused skanks for my pleasure? I have sadly never been to a restaurant that had these. I would love to go to one!

2 Likes