Little Door Deserves More Love

One of the most romantic places in LA, outstanding service, nice wine list, full bar and very good food. Its become a regular part of my rotation. Its also escapist. When you are there you forget you are in LA.

6 Likes

Yep, with new restaurants constantly opening we forget about places like Little Door. It’s lovely and the food is wonderful. Last time we were there I had the Duck Confit. It was fantastic.

1 Like

Had the steak while at the bar last week. Cant remember a better steak. Wonderful Ribeye.

3 Likes

Yah, posters were complaining about it recently, so I toned down my enthusiasm. Maybe because I haven’t been in a while or I picked the right things, but I loved the few meals I’ve had. And it’s pretty!

Always loved it. That bar is one of our favorite places to just go and have a couple of really good pours and roll on.

Who knows who Jonathan Portela is?

Google search indicates that he/was a chef at Scratch Bar.

Yup, not a fan of his. I had dinner at scratch and he was rude, arrogant, and had that old school “chef” mentality of verbally abusing his colleagues.

Yikes.

@Nemroz: was there a reason you were asking about him?

He’s the new chef at Little Door

I don’t know if he was the chef at the time, but I believe @CiaoBob had eaten at the Encino location at least once and enjoyed it (IIRC).

Don’t know him but I have always liked Scratch Bar in Encino.
OTOH Woodley Proper and the (very new) Leviathan concept from Phillip Frankland Lee have been pretty mediocre.