Lodge Bread - Heads Up!

I was busy in the morning yesterday so my wife went. She didn’t notice any specials. She also complained about the loud music. Not to worry - I am now banning her for life from Lodge.

2 Likes

OMG…smoked salmon on Lodge Bread sounds incredible. Why have I not tried this yet??? (my inner @kevin) Kicking myself for not stopping by yesterday.

as i’ve explained it to one of my pals:
“this is a place, that when you walk in and sit down, really requires you to give up being an old fart for a little bit of time”

“if you can’t give it up, i’ll just ferry the bread to you”

3 Likes

They need a delivery service or another shop. Place sounds amazing.

I forgot to mention the music. I loved it. I didn’t find it loud and they were playing some fantastic stuff. (Lesser known Clash tracks, roots reggae, etc.) It really added to the experience for me.

1 Like

Went today. Bread was absolutely excellent. The smoked salmon was fine, nothing special, but it didn’t really have to be with the bread. Great place to have near me.

I was there in the afternoon, so they had a steady stream of FTC’er. :wink:

I did find the music a twee bit loud, but that’s fine on a Sat afternoon (and I did enjoy what they were playing, although I didn’t recognize it). Might’ve been a little jarring in the morning for me, but I can’t blame them for wanting something to motivate them through the early mornings!

@Helper_Monkey: I don’t get why there’s not a line out the door, either, but I’m glad FTC helped me to find them b/f they become more popular! I commented to my partner, “This is sort of like Huckleberry, but w/o the line!”

1 Like

Agreed. My friend and I are no spring chickens but we found the music level fine and we both loved the choices. As a calibration point, we both hate the noise level at Bottega Louie.

There’s usually a short line out the door when we walk by on weekends. This morning on our way to Mar Vista farmer’s market the door was propped open to accommodate the few people who couldn’t fit in.

The lunch special is usually on handwritten on a paper bag taped to the glass partition at the counter. It’s not up by the chalk menu board. Easy to miss if you’re not paying attention. Here’s the pic I took and was meaning to share before everyone beat me to posting about the availability of other animal proteins.

3 Likes

Yeah, she called me from Lodge to verify what I might want. I mentioned to look at the glass case next to the cash register area and look for the specials. She said all they had offered was Mac & cheese? Love Mac & cheese but not what I had in mind for breakfast. Not sure if that was from Friday/maybe changed the paper sign after she left. Or was she at the bizzaro Lodge? @J_L !

Equally thankful and should be taken advantage of! :smile: