Lord help me

that Petit Trois burger is not really a burger, though - that shit is a heart attack. Call me weak if you want (you wouldn’t be wrong) but I split one 3 ways as part of dinner there and it still almost killed me.

1 Like

amen to that.

Simmzy’s is actually my replacement for Warren’s :frowning:

In other words, Ns1 is being sent back to the LA board on Chowhound?

2 Likes

The CH board is too dead to be an S&M dungeon… :frowning:

1 Like

Self-gratification. Even the S&M crowd partakes.

1 Like

that front page is super lively with all the bumped 10 year old threads.

2 Likes

i had a hall mate named earnest in south quad my sophomore year, which allows me segue to the topic of quaddie burgers, these hard brown pucks of indeterminate origin, made palatable primarily by a deluge of a thick yellow substance that was never actually labelled as cheese but was assumed to be such, next to the sliced tomatoes. pickles, ketchup and mustard at the condiment area… quaddie burgers…

After a particularly interesting night near South Quad we convinced a pizza delivery guy to part with his cargo for a mere gram of hash…I still owe the Ann Arbor historical thread…btw he told his boss he was robbed…my brother lived at South Quad for his first year. I will ask him about quaddie burgers.

1 Like

that ought to be good for a laugh or two

Let you know…

Dormant is more like it. Not that the board will have a chance to resurface to its former greatness, but if you wake up any of those ogres or trolls disguised as bumbling henchmen, hell hath no fury like a CH moderator 's scorn…

1 Like

south quad…suddenly it all becomes clear.

its sad but understandable, i suppose, all these new openings occur in studio city/sherman oaks.

p.s. i may be one fat dumb ass, but even i knew better than to eat meat in the dorm.

hey, the football players ate them. we’re talking anthony carter, butch woolfolk, bubba paris, ed muransky, etc. while i was there.

huckleby deep, davis close, ricky leach under center. two tight ends and a balanced line…
ah, ufer

Bob Timberlake, Mel Anthony, Jim Detwiler and the first Rose Bowl in many, many years. Coached by Bump Elliot. I went to school with Bump’s kids as well as Don Dufek Jr. I still owe you guys the Ann Arbor thread.

i’m at the top of the E for this.

probably the only time he was at a loss for words.

food content: FRAGELS!

1 Like

As both @ipsedixit and @PorkyBelly recommended The Morrison I tried it tonight. It was an excellent burger; I ordered the Sunday special, the stacker, which is a gourmet version of a Big Mac. Two patties, special sauce, cheese, homemade pickles and pickled onions on a sesame seed bun. That is served with good fries, and any draft beer on their menu (I chose Stone’s Enjoy by 5/30) for $17. That is a deal. The meat quality was great, although I ordered it medium rare, and it was more like medium, almost medium well. Toppings were good although I prefer dill to bread and butter pickles on a burger, and I like raw onions. Nevertheless really a good place.

Rupert thoroughly enjoyed it. Although the pet patio is neither as large or as quiet as the Blue Dogs’, or as intimate as Fat Dog’s courtyard, they serve a dog’s meal for $6. Such a deal! Rupert was a member of the clean plate club.

3 Likes

I’ll have to give the Morrison another shot as my first visit was thoroughly “meh.” My favorite burger in the area is Brite Spot but their fries are Sysco, which ain’t great. I really want to like Hache but, despite grinding the meat every ninety-minutes or whatever, the burgers lack a distinct beefy taste, although the fries are some of the best around.

As for beer/burger in a bar atmosphere, my current go-to is Hyperion Public. It helps that I live right up the hill.

Served on a silver platter - Rupert LIVIN’ LARGE-YO!!!

2 Likes

Yes he didn’t even sniff it and pretend like he wasn’t interested. He ate the milk bones which normally he turns down. Must have been excited about dining out.

1 Like