Lotus Dim Sum

Borrowed an iPad which had never accessed FTC. Going to the Los Angeles board via Google Chrome, the original Lotus thread does not appear in the chronological listing of topics.

You mean Latest?

If the topic is set to Muted or Normal I don’t think it will appear.

Yes, latest, on somebody else’s iPad.

Have you checked whether it’s set to Muted or Normal rather than Tracking or Watching?

Like I said I used somebody else’s iPad and did not log in. So what I saw was what anyone who is not a registered user of FTC would see if they landed on the index page of latest Los Angeles FTC posts using Chrome.

At the moment, using Chrome on my iPad and not logged in, it’s the #4 topic in the default view of the LA category

Must be Gremlins. IPad not logged in using Chrome and iPhone logged in using Safari, does not appear. iPhone logged in using Chrome, it’s there.

Also PC using Firefox and logged in does not show.

Did you ever check the topic setting?

Always set to latest. Mac using Firefox and logged in does not appear. Mac using Chrome and not logged in does not appear.

No, the topic-level setting we’ve asked you about at least four times.

In my limited experience, there’s much greater chance, on the Westside, of at least one person in party of diners keeping “sorta-kosher”, keeping semi-kosher, declining to eat pork, declining to eat mammals (that’s my family’s rule), being pescatarian, or just being otherwise finicky about some particular ingredient.

It’s gremlins. Thread now visible on the iPad not logged in, both on Safari and Chrome.

Thanks for the report, @chandavkl. I think I’ll give this place a hard pass.

There’s always dan modern chinese on 2nd

Does Dan Modern Chinese serve dim sum? I don’t see dim sum items on the menu.

XLB, pot stickers

XLB are served (nowadays) at dim sum places, but I don’t consider them (or dumpling) to be classic dim sum items (and wouldn’t order them from a Canto place).

Do you think Dan Modern does a good rendition of XLB and dumplings?

2 Likes

On my list to try.

Honestly, I wouldn’t bother with Chinese food in LA city limits.

DTF in SGV