Lotus of Siam

Thanks, @hppzz! Does the whole party have to be present? I don’t mind showing up early to make it easier for the parents.

Only when they seat you.

1 Like

Fantastic! I think I’m going to go for it.
I have been dreaming of those prawns.

2 Likes

@attran99 Don’t forget about the cripsy rice salad with sausage. It’s not a lot of food and fantastic.

1 Like

Spied @Ns1’s favorite on the menu here–the $16 chicken pad thai.

(off menu) back ribs
I wanted to try something different and the server recommend this off menu item. The four back ribs were deep fried and came with a nice garlicky, acidic dipping sauce to cut through the fat. Good, but not as good as the garlic prawns.

crispy duck with panang - crispy duck topped with thai style red cream curry sauce with cognac
The crispy parts of the duck were excellent. I like how they plated the duck to keep the skin crispy.

mango, sticky rice, coconut cream, toasted sesame seeds
Wow, the mango couldn’t have been any more perfect. @attran99 save room for dessert.

5 Likes

I was in luck…we got there at 5:15PM and was the third party to ask for a walk in. We were offered a table when Lotus officially opened at 5:30PM. Thanks, @hppzz!
We ordered 2 orders of garlic prawns…one as an appetizer and another for dinner. They were so good. @js76wisco the crispy rice and sausage salad was delicious! That’s going to be a must order going forward. We also ordered the crispy duck on drunken noodles, seafood with Thai basil, and house crispy sea bass. Everything was so good!
@PorkyBelly were you here tonight, too? We did order the mango sticky rice and the mango was just perfect. No photos since it was a birthday dinner and we used the time to catch up with our friends and entertain their toddler.

7 Likes

no, i was there a couple days ago. i’m glad you were able to get in and order the prawns and mango.

1 Like

@PorkyBelly @attran99 Don’t forget to add fried bananas and a scoop of coconut ice cream for dessert next time. They go really well with the mango sticky rice.

1 Like

Great to hear this! The nam khao tod at night + market is almost identical. Also bistro na’s crispy shrimp, while never had at, is done in same manner as LOS. So you can bang bang those in LA for similar LOS experience :joy:

1 Like

Ordered this sake at another great dinner at LoS. Finally figured out that spice level 3 is perfect for our family. I would be ok with 4/5 but 3 is tolerable for everybody.
Crispy shrimp
Papaya salad
Green curry
Whole fried snapper
Crispy rice salad with sausage
Pad see ewe
Stir fried broccoli with deep fried pork - actually not as good as Ruen Pair

2 Likes

We went to the exact same places this past weekend.

Duh. We are FTCers. Where else would we go?

3 Likes

Stellar lunch at LOS.

Nam Prik Ong
A great ground pork and tomato based chili dip with a little kick which goes very well with the variety of raw veggies and chicharron.

Thum Ka Noon
This delicious appetizer reminds me of “pulled pork” with the use of shredded young jack fruit and ground pork.

Glutinous rice
Sticky and chewy. It goes very well with both nam prik ong and thum ka noon.

Garlic Prawns | garlic sauce, black pepper
Crunchy and delicious as always.

Crispy Duck Panang
Crispy duck skin, tender flesh, and a cognac based red curry cream sauce to die for. Please dunk your rice in that sauce to maximize your pleasure.

Crispy Mussel Omelet
This reminds me of the Taiwanese’s oyster omelet except that plump and meaty mussels are used here and that the omelet’s texture of crispy and Q are taken to the extreme. The accompanying spicy sweet sauce also adds to the intrigue!

Fried Banana
I love these. The spring roll pastry sheets are fried to a crisp on the outside and creates an extreme contrast with the now softened and creamy banana interior.

Coconut Sorbet
Super coconut-y and acts as a great palate cleanser. This is a must if you go for the fried bananas.

Mango Sticky Rice
Great as always with ripe and tender mangoes. It’s a far cry from the type and flavor of the mangoes used at Mott 32.

7 Likes

Damnit I always forget to order the mango sticky rice.

giphy

3 Likes

Why did no one ever say that you can get the garlic prawns spicy? We did spice level 5 tonight and they added jalapeños during the sauté process. It was so good we ordered another one! Going to order this every time from now on. I loved how the extra heat enhanced the sweet garlic pungency.

Also some fried rice with Thai basil, beef, and shrimp for carbs…we each had 2 Lotus lychee cocktails. Love this place!
Walked in at 5:45PM and grabbed a seat at the bar. Saw folks come in at 6PM and they were SOL.

8 Likes

Whoa game changer

1 Like

It totally was! Our server asked us if we wanted the garlic prawns spicy…and we were so surprised since we didn’t even know it was an option. He said you can make any LoS dish spicy if you want. We started with level 5 because we didn’t want to blow out our palates, but even at a 5, it was still mild and we could have handled more heat. It was amazing and delicious…a complete game changer indeed!

3 Likes

Nice. Although most of our other dishes end up being spicy so sometimes its nice to have a break. But definitely ordering these spicy next time.

No mango sticky rice or fried banana?