Lovely Handmade Korean-Chinese Noodles - Lee's Noodles

they are spicy enough so that your nose will be running.

(the entire broth is based on red chile–think spicy kimchi-- so i can’t fathom how they could really be made to be mild)

the greatest MILD seafood soup i’ve had was the one that sergio used to make in inglewood.
(not only delicious and full of top quality seafood, but NO CARBS)
i dunno if he is still making it in the new long beach location or not.
when the weather cools i’ll investigate this question.

Westsidegal - good to know! I thought those boodles looked yummy, good to have your thoughts as well.

After hearing how much westsidegal enjoyed the Seafood Noodles, I had to go back and give it a try. :smile:

First, thanks to ipse’s recommendation I had to try their take on a “Scottish Egg” on the menu as Fried Egg:

Lee’s Noodle’s version is crunchy on the outside and a simple hard boiled egg on the inside. Strangely addictive.

Spicy Seafood Soup Noodles (Handmade Noodles, Shrimp, Mussels, Calamari, Napa Cabbage, Onions, Cucumbers in a Seafood Broth):

When it first arrived, westsidegal’s words came echoing back: Suffice to say “generous” portions is an understatement. I felt like I was visiting Claim Jumper with its gargantuan portions! LOL :laughing:

The soup is pretty effin’ amazing! There’s this sweetness, nice briny quality, really fragrant. The sauteed onions, Napa cabbage, cucumbers really help accent the flavors of the seafood broth. Awesome! :heart:

The handmade noodles are touch softer than the last visit, but still has this amazing chew and awesome mouthfeel!

I wimped out and asked them for “lightly spicy” and they obliged. At that level it was perfect for me: Not too spicy, but just enough heat to bring out some excitement to the dish. :smile:

I think I like the Jajangmyeon Noodles a bit more, but both were pretty great. If anyone has other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

2 Likes

i’m SO GLAD that you liked them!
and, thank you so much for the beautiful job you did in fleshing out my bare-bones recommendation!

After reading WSG’s post, I was also going to pop in today (had to hit up the Rite Aid across the street, so I was going to be right there), but this intense heat killed my desire for hot soup-like food. I decided to retreat to air conditioning, drink some Anchor Steam summer wheat and tackle my laundry (woohoo!!). I’ll have to head on over when temps get back into the 70s. Thanks for the reviews everybody!! This sounds like a great place to check out.

I have to check this place out–I walk by it every week and vow to go in sometime, but this thread cinches it. For living just a few blocks away, there really is no excuse.

Hahaha. Fucking weather. We’re perpetually in an Indian Summer as the scholars say.

yeah—this weather is a bit intense and kills my appetite for eating hot food (or even cooking it).

I’m fucking wiped out.

A solid expertly chilled martini. Ratio of 4:1. With a fucking jigger on the side to replenish as need be would be the utter paragon of a refreshing day today.

And that’s seriously no fucking joke.

i picked up a new bottle of tito’s when I was @ tjs earlier—its in the freezer getting ready :wink:

You inviting me over ???

Though I am a classic gin martini conniseuir.

Maybe some chilled charcuterie and grain mustard would go well with it.

lol. still in the middle of laundry and all the boring shit that needs to get done (why doesn’t that stuff get done on it’s own!!!). I’m not a gin person—to herbal for me but charcuterie and all the accessories are always a winner!

Kosher charcuterie for me please.

Don’t we have robots to
Do the fucking laundry these days ???

And maybe a cold-poached salmon with a white wine sauce. Yes. This is THE only day that I’d even consider cold
Poached salmon.

What time am I coming over ???

Hahahahaha

well, this nice jewish girl only has procuitto in the fridge—no bresaola :wink: . actually I think all my charcuterie type meat items right now are pork based. hahaha

I guess you’re not so nice. Hahahaha.

I’ll have to pick up the fucking bresaola.

And some gin.

1 Like

hold up they have beer now? to go with the chicken wangs? :boom:

you kevin and lagirl should party

1 Like

sorry to dissapoint you Tony, but no. I was just way too hot to have soup noodles on a 100 degree day, so I retreated back to my place and had some beers and got all of my boring shit out of the way.

could happen, who knows. maybe since we are free of CH site rules we could plan a LA FTC get together (like the claussi one that you guys did)…

2 Likes

or at least get a room.

1 Like