Low Key Christmas for two old friends

Tam O’ Shanter. Not on the Westside, but worth the trip to Los Feliz Probably booked for reservations, but we love the pub. You can get a full prime rib meal or go to the hand-carved sandwich bar. You can even order Christmas Goose. Beautifully decorated. The Carolers are amazing. $50/per no problema.

Highly recommended for Christmas cheer.

1 Like

do you think those places will be open on the 26th?
dunno
i believe that westside tavern is closed on the 25th

Hummus Bar and Grill might be open on Christmas.

Vito is regularly open for lunch

I take my 93 yo aunt for lunch every Saturday on the westside, our go-to places: Tavern, Porto Via, Forma, Palmeri (always a big success), R+D (but no reservations, and 90+ cannot stand around), Neiman Marcus restaurant, Ingo’s, Orto, ROQ.

Palmeri is your easiest - parking back, reservation, easy in and out, and wonderful food. Tavern would be my next rec.

I feel your pain. How about El Coyote? It’s so very festive, and the food is non-threatening to mid-Westerners. Order some tamales to share an “authentic L.A. Christmas tradition”.

1 Like

Just threw a few ideas into the bowl, not knowing either way about the holiday hours. Was concerned about the guests’ parameters. And of course, it’s nice to see you posting again!

I need a Saturday lunch, and I’m pretty sure they are only open for lunch M-F. I’m up in LA at least a couple of times a month but usually only on Saturdays and I wanted to take mom there a while back.

Bottlefish on San Vicente is lovely spot for lunch. It is bright, not loud, good menu, good food and service plus easy validated parking.
www.bottlefish.com

Did they take over the old Daily Grill spot?

Yes. It looks completely different.

How about Water Grill in Santa Monica?

1 Like

ty!

1 Like