Lucky Boy Pasadena

Barely passable burger. The problem is the charbroil scent LB pumps out of that joint is intoxicating. As you’re putting your groceries in the car you get a whiff and you…
must…
have…
that…
burger!

Then it’s a total letdown. You might not even feel so great afterwards.

big fan of that burrito also albeit a bit puny so i like 2 – as u note that red hot/ranchero type sauce they make is great and worth getting an extra thing of it…

it’s weird that puny fucking burrito fills me up for the remainder of the day. something about it is very heavy.

but i tell them to leave out the red chips, don’t like that kind of crunch in my bfast burritos.

and that ain’t no fucking joke.

and a coffee or two to wash that shit down.

or a chinese cookie with that chocolate middle part from canters

Try Burger Factory on Hollywood & Gower. Pretty dang good breakfast burrito. I think it was listed in the top 10 by LA Weekly a while back.

2 Likes

Great to see you here, lilmikey. Welcome home!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll file that info into my brain for possible weekend hit-up.

this. very much this. Lucky boy at 1 AM when drunk or at 1030 AM when hungover was a formative high school experience for myself and most of my friends, and running into unexpected acquaintances there either just after or the morning after a party was a great (and often awkward) time. The fact that Theodoros the (now retired) counter man was so gruff and unfriendly only made things better.

So I deeply love the breakfast burrito there, but it’s a little hard to separate the actual flavor from the nostalgia & regret.

2 Likes

Good for carbo-loading.

It’s really not a bad breakfast burrito.

1 Like