Magic Castle

Amex concierge couldn’t even get me a res at RAW. And they f’d up my res at Shikon. Let’s not talk about it as if they are that useful these days.

1 Like

My Amex concierge has yet to fail me. Got me ressy at Ko (new location), Pizzeria Mozza (back in the day), and many others incld. Broadway and off-Broadway shows

And I never forget her during the holidays. Chocolate is a weakness of hers.

1 Like

Thoughtfulness goes a long way.

1 Like

I will drop this here as I know several members and have gone numerous times, though no doubt, not chow worthy food on its own. Always fun: Paul F. Tompkins- Magic Castle - YouTube

Contacting magicians who are performing (listed on the MC website) is a very easy way to get in. (Say you want to see them – which is true – and they can usually arrange for you to get in.) Remember – the MC wants people there. The club makes its money off of the food and bar, plus cover. Members pay no cover, and do not have to dine there, so they want other folks to attend.(The dues are minimal for a private club, so they are not raking it in with membership fees, even for non-magicians.) Weekends can be a zoo (typically members only, and their guests), but weeknights are great. The food is solid, if unspectacular. The close -up room alone is worth the visit. Uber is a great suggestion. It sometimes seems as if the place is 75% bars and 25% magicians and showrooms – which seems to be optimum for all concerned.

My first disappointment with my AmEx Concierge: Failing to secure a table for me at Restaurant Andre in Singapore.

(but then again, Chef Andre was on Spring break with family - or so they said)… :wink:

is Concierge just for the platinum card?