Mama Lu's Dumplings

EDIT.
oops - for some reason i thought i was responding to a post on the ly family place. once i recognized my mistake, i deleted that response.

i visited dim sum world shortly after it opened, and the clientele were primarily carryovers from the pho place that had previously occupied the space. it reminded me of when the burmese place took over tokyo lobby and kept the TL menu to retain the old clientele. the place was so dingy and the vibe was… off-putting, that i never went back.

i see from recent yelp pics that the place has been completely redone since then, though apparently they still offer pho as of last year, but i get the sense that anyone who orders it never orders it again.

Let’s use the full quote here…

I was dubious, but sometimes one has to trust the source. The main connecting point was the selection of crab shell pastries. The pho was a disconnecting point.

It also dawned on me, does anyone else remember when Dean Sin World was rather dank and dingy itself? Back when half the small space was a dumpling prep area behind plexiglass and there was usually only one two-top that wasn’t covered by trays of cooling pastries. Anyone else recall those days before DSW was spiffed up, remodeled and expanded into the dumpling prep area?

1 Like

Mama Lu’s recently opened in Tustin. 7 Grams. Chang’an. J Zhou. Sichuan Impression.

Not too shabby.

6 Likes

With a couple of chest freezers off to the side.

1 Like