Manzke Restaurant

I don’t understand why anyone who read this topic would go there.

2 Likes

Chef Manzke has a good track record of putting out delicious bites at Republique. It’s no surprise people would be geeked about him opening a fine dining tasting menu sort of restaurant.

3 Likes

Sure, but after reading this, if I were into that kind of thing, I’d put off going so long as I was seeing consistent reports of hit-and-miss food and weird lapses in service.

Maybe if I ate >$300 dinners two or three tines a week I’d go just out of curiosity.

I love Republique and the tasting menu there really blew the socks off of my middle American in laws. I would have been all over this place if not for this very thread @robert

Another fantastic meal on friday. Took a couple of out of town friends. Food/service was great. Did not get spot prawns but was not expecting spot prawns, pretty sure that’s off the menu now outside of the above-discussed quirk.

if you like the republique TM, this is just a higher level of it.

6 Likes

36 posts were split to a new topic: High-end restaurant prices in LA

and the spot prawn goes to

6 Likes

The secret to getting a baguette is to go with @Clayfu :eyes:

5 Likes

Not a great look, imo—seems like you could do something more low key for the old friend than a baguette next to other guests who aren’t getting that baguette

3 Likes

If I knew spot prawns were an option sheeeeeeeeshhh

2 Likes

baguette with @Clayfu or second round of brioche with @rlw :thinking:

5 Likes

that’s the real vip right there, I can’t get second round of brioche

6 Likes

Negative on the baguette, but I did watch @Clayfu get it :sob:

9 Likes

I think you have just as much influence as @Clayfu and Kevineats :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Next time! Plus some baguettes :wink:

1 Like

Y’alls are too entertaining :joy:
I think if just ask they’ll at the very least try. I was there a few weeks ago and was able to secure a baguette.

4 Likes
1 Like

Is the service at Manzke $260+ level?

it’s as good as it gets. They have a lot of attentive staff there for a restaurant that’s essentially 9-10 tables.

4 Likes

Unless you ask for a baguette or why the next table has a dish you don’t (“you’re not friends of the chef”).