Manzke Restaurant

Is the service at Manzke $260+ level?

it’s as good as it gets. They have a lot of attentive staff there for a restaurant that’s essentially 9-10 tables.

4 Likes

Unless you ask for a baguette or why the next table has a dish you don’t (“you’re not friends of the chef”).

Some of the best service I’ve had in recent memory. Super attentive but not intrusive

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MDAwODI1ODI2NDIxMTk2?story_media_id=2813491460574660489_300611779&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

look what y’all made them do

Screenshot_20220712-230524~2

20 Likes

Give the people what they want!

4 Likes

i brought it up with them last week - they said they really wanted people to focus on the brioche but now are starting to give people baguette (before it went on the menu)

4 Likes

That brioche is a course on its own, while we need the baguette to mop up the sauces.

2 Likes

that’s what i like about camphor. every entree comes with dinner rolls for you to mop up those delicious sauces…otherwise, i might have to lick every plate.

6 Likes

And what a sight that must be! :wink:

1 Like

Warrior: 7.8 Warrior Points. This is all really good food. Every dish is better than every dish I ate at Republique and Bicyclette. The Thai curry with puréed corn in place of (or in addition to) coconut milk is the best Thai curry I’ve ever had. Premium wine pairings are superb. One complaint: I wish they had a cheese course. It’s hard to take a French restaurant seriously without a cheese course. Oysters would be nice too. Doesn’t make sense that you can get oysters at Bicyclette but not Manzke.

Peony: Really good restaurant! Best new restaurant of the year for me.

1 Like

They haven’t been able to source vegan cheese that meets their standards.

6 Likes

Didn’t know manzke turned into a vegan concept.

6 Likes

The whole menu is vegan by Humpty Dumpty’s definition.

impossible duck and beyond fish

3 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Eating meat: threat or menace?

Dynamic pricing starting in December

5 Likes

For real? Same exact menu but more expensive on the weekend? Maybe Sergio is in the house on the weekend? Something has got to be different, besides the demand, no?

nothing new, alinea has been doing it for years.