Maple Block's Prime Rib, dinner only, a big hunk of beef

Yeah. I’ll have the eggs and dairy too.

Gotta have my fucking sushi, ceviche, and Ensenada style fish tacos.

And that ain’t no fucking joke.

2 Likes

Looks like it would be even better if they just smoked the whole rack of prime rib in one piece and then sliced off pieces. Maybe I like that really pink and juicy part more. I’m still intrigued. Have smoked an entire 8 or whatever bone of lawrys prime rib bought raw before on thanksgiving. I’m thinking about this one tho. A $50 bbq dish. Guess only one way to find out.

Yep. It’s a substantial fucking investment.

And I’m firmly ensconced in BK.

But that prime rib, the exterior fatty salty portions (wish it could be that way with each and every fucking morsel) took me back to my gig in Mexicali years ago, with that utterly delicious smokeyness perfuming the bristled and dry air. Instensity would be an an utter fucking understatement of the wondrous emotions evoked to but a mere useless mortal.

It took me a couple days post-script to realize the greatness of the smoking and flavor. Those few bites were the fin de sicle of the coup d" etat. Whatever that happens to mean.

But in a probetbial prescient primordial pugilistic nutshell.

It would do Proust proud.

do they do just beef ribs?

This is what I want, yes the exterior portions.

Was your gig in Mexicali before or after summers in Rangoon?

Rangoon ???

well here’s the zagat pic…

That looks nice.

A bit diff from the photos seen here where it looks like one piece done at a time.

I’m doing too much talking and not enough tasting!

Here is mine from a week ago
It was the primest prime rib I have had

5 Likes

More like a slightly smokey juicy delicious slab of beef than a fully smoked bbq?

No doubt raves from you and poesy from Kevin have me sold.

I never had a whole smoked prime rib before but the exerpence was kinda like you describe Mr_JJ. The spare ribs are my go-to there. And they seem more “smoked through” than the prime rib. It was really amazing but not something I could eat often.

2 Likes

Cool. thanks for the Intel. I know it was hard work. It’s appreciated. I’m meating friends at Bludsos next week but I think a comparison is in order. My other friends that have gone say maple is best in town right now.

Agree with CB, spare ribs were my favorite. I liked the brisket but the moist was just too fatty. I will opt for the flat next time since the brisket itself had great flavor.

I don’t know if that was intentional, but it made me laugh. :grin:

1 Like

nothing like a good ribbing

1 Like

I liked the “meating friends at Bludso’s” too.

But I assume you mean the one in WeHo. If the better food in Compton, where will you eat? (Compton Bludso’s now essentially takeout only.)

I think the food is good (to better) in weho and they have full bar and seating.

I’ve struck out twice now when trying to call in a party tray order to the Compton Bludso’s. Phone line goes immediately to voicemail message, stating the box is full. Driving out there and ordering over the counter takes way too long. Will probably do Maple Block for now on if things don’t change. But the rest of the family is pro-Bludso’s because of the variety and preference of ribs and brisket.

Don’t be afraid of the one on la brea.

1 Like

Drive-time is about the same from my home - just more work driving there. But I will consider this based on your explicit pix.

Or go when u got some time to enjoy there and have some mint juleps on tap, watch some football and leave the mess with them. Anyways I’m also hot to check out maple.

1 Like