May 2020 Rundown

Is that a pair? A double tier? Or one order?

1 Like

Double order.

Focaccia with baby broccoli. And yeah, farro with black rice, dinosaur kale, and a bunch of other stuff. Loved it so much the first time we had it that we got the cookbook and made it…once :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did somebody say stone fruit season?

Wow harry’s gaviotas are exponentially getting better by the week. @NYCtoLA

murray family farms royal rainier cherries
Incredible @TheCookie, @Chowseeker1999, @attran99, @ebethsdad

17 Likes

Yah totally agree. Glad you got some of the Organic Cherries from Murray Family Farms! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Charcoal family meal for 2. Photos are bad. Food was great. Pick up was easy in the parking lot behind Melissa. Some portions seemed small for two people, e.g. the cauliflower, but overall it was plenty of food. Loved all the little containers of sauces. Lots left over that we’ll be using for other meats and vegetables. detailed reheating instructions that were fine for the vegetables but too much for the steak, which ended up medium-well.

Overall a great meal! Now if we could only get that happy hour burger.

10 Likes

The menu:

1 Like

I guess I’ll be hitting up the Farmer’s market next weekend. Thanks!

1 Like

Dry aged (overnight) yaki saba bousushi (Ranzan)

As a bonus from nearby Kemuri Japanese Baru, smoked shimesaba sashimi with a killer dip that tasted like sun dried tomato orange/citrus olive oil with a hint of heat (part of their creative genius at work during these harsh times)

14 Likes

Really really hoping Antico makes peach ice cream…

5 Likes

there’s a precedent
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Kz_89Bs0c/

3 Likes

No photos but wifey and kid won out and we ended up at Phillippe’s*

They did a great job! Ordered on ChowNow, got a notice of the pickup time (about 10 minutes) Went in. There was a table in the middle and on the cashier table, there were packed brown bags, each on their own tray, with names of the customers.

Simple. Everything was packed perfectly. Went to MacArthur Park and ate.

(*I know… Langers, HR’s, Wax Paper, PRD… what can I say?)

8 Likes

Japanese omelet sandwich with bacon scallion jam from sightglass (sorry for the hands)! This was pretty damn delicious, but rich as hell.

image image

8 Likes

Funny yummy report @A5KOBE.
Nice snap of the Puff & Jasmine Cream! :yum:

1 Like

Good report @beefnoguy.

This looks like a good entry for the Budget Bottle thread.

Great! It’s seems wonderful @J_L.

Fishing with Dynamite x Antico

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Best of both worlds, these two chefs need to collab sometime. The honey comb ice cream brought my palette back to sugary normalcy so each and every bite of the key lime fuckin pie was like taking my first. Amazing! @PorkyBelly @attran99

Good thing I got two, for myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wadatsumi Torrance

After looking at @Chowseeker1999 pictures, I needed a quick sashimi fix and another revisit of their excellent rice, so off I went to Torrance.

Sashimi plate - lovely assortment and you know Wadatsumi is the sashimi QPR reigning champ. The temperature of the fish was just perfect to savor every piece.

Bento - love the variety, the nishime and the scallop tempura were excellent and dat rice :heart_eyes:

And they are selling their rice…

Chicken karaage - standard fare, super juicy and a little salty. I ate it with the packet of bulldog sauce they provided.

Cofax

Still lovin this pastrami breakfast burrito featuring Ugly Drum pastrami. Who knew pastrami and jalapeños were so good together.

Bear Flag Fish Co - Crystal Cove

Beautiful day today so decided to grab a fish burrito with an ocean view. Poke and guacamole for later.

FYI, Ruby’s Shake Shack was about 30 cars deep in queue flooding into Pacific Coast Hwy.

17 Likes

Soot Bull Jeep - They reopened this week, great takeout option (even pre-covid) because of the lettuce wraps and excellent ssamjang they provide. Marinated Kalbi + Spicy Pork BBQ.

16 Likes

New menu available:
https://www.exploretock.com/baveldtla/

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @glazedonut. It’s a trip to see which places start off easy peasy then kinda’ fall apart once more customers start coming. My husband said he had a really good pickup experience there, but that was weeks ago.